Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers skittering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed their Y’s windshield wipers skitter across the windshield or is it just me? Mine do not smoothly move across the glass at all, even in a full downpour. Not sure if this is just a poor design or perhaps there’s something going on with mine, specifically. Anyone else seeing this? Thx

Has anyone else noticed their Y’s windshield wipers skitter across the windshield or is it just me? Mine do not smoothly move across the glass at all, even in a full downpour. Not sure if this is just a poor design or perhaps there’s something going on with mine, specifically. Anyone else seeing this? Thx
My 3 had the same problem initially. It's a film on the windshield that doesn't easily clean off. Eventually the wipers wore it off and they stopping bouncing around. I clay-barred and orbital polished the windshield to eventually get it all off.

Edit: I used this product after using a clay bar. Watch the video on the page for instructions. Fine Glass Polish, 16 Ounces - Griot's Garage