Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers stopping randomly in mid stroke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else seeing this?
Started pretty much right after upgrade to 2.13.77. Regardless of wiper setting, they sometimes just stop in mid stroke, do not park themselves. Can be restarted by turning wipers completely off and then back to any "on" setting. Happens a few times, then is OK for a while, then happens a few times again. Rebooting has no effect. Tesla service had no immediate input - they now are looking at logs of a half-dozen occurrences...

That is interesting, I just got my Model S on Saturday, but I did notice yesterday in the rain that the wiper interval was really long. I had it set on low sensitivity and then upped it to high, but noticed the same thing. I have no previous data to compare to, but it seemed odd to me.

Yes it is a known bug; though in very heavy rain a quite dangerous one! I have seen mine stop at 12, 3 and 4 o'clock.

In my case it seems to manifest it self with the auto settings after it has ramped up to maximum speed, then it seems to get overwhelmed by the white noise and doesn't keep going.

Got to be quick on shutting the wipers off and restarting them. You might avoid this by turning the speed all the way up, something I forgot to try.