Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers won't freaking stop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1639157496497.jpeg

Well at least this isn't your wiper

That must be a mock-up for a car show.

Please let it be?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's, but that Cybertruck photo was Taken outside the Fremont factory.

Reactions: nickbatz
Your guess is as good as anyone else's, but that Cybertruck photo was Taken outside the Fremont factory.

Maybe it's just me, but a wiper that only wipes half the windshield doesn't seem like an idea that would catch on. :)

Reactions: KrenGrl
Auto wipe program really sucks on my Model 3 2021. Just picked it up, 3 weeks ago, we've had nothing but rain and snow up here in Ottawa. And the wiper control almost made me crash a few times already.

I need a quick way to turn the auto off, when it doesn't quit it makes for zero visibility in the middle of a slushy snowy highway, going at high speed, super dangerous.

I think this was only tested in California.

Reactions: Sporty
Auto wipe program really sucks on my Model 3 2021. Just picked it up, 3 weeks ago, we've had nothing but rain and snow up here in Ottawa. And the wiper control almost made me crash a few times already.

I need a quick way to turn the auto off, when it doesn't quit it makes for zero visibility in the middle of a slushy snowy highway, going at high speed, super dangerous.

I think this was only tested in California.

Well, I'm in Los Angeles and it was giving me problems too.

Try voice commands - that was my solution.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl and T-Mom
Sometimes the auto wiper feature thinks it's supposed to wipe when there's no rain and I can't get it to stop.

Finally I shouted "STOP THE F-ING WIPERS!" and it did.

But I'd like to be able to leave it in auto mode and not have it trigger falsely, and if it does then I'd like to be able to turn the damn thing off.

Suggestions? Is it just me?
My dad has always said how we have become more easily upset over time about much of nothing. Then notes he used to ride to the store in his wagon pulled by horses with the rain all over him.

Tesla are guilty of not being transparent for sure, but I believe you're assuming too much here. In a software company there are multiple different teams working on different things. Although there are some allocated to games and the likes, there must be a significant team on the AI for FSD, there's most probably another on general UI, some people on engine power improvements ets.
People also don't all have the same qualifications. The ones on games might not be great on AI problems for example.

He never used a computer.
Funny, but actually yes he did in his final years To his dying day he said we have become a pampered society that expects immediate gratification. Maybe yes is some cases, maybe no in others. So when I see my wind shield wipers going nuts, I just laugh. I think it was his way of just saying for me not to raise my blood pressure over little things. ;)

And I'm not upset a
Funny, but actually yes he did in his final years To his dying day he said we have become a pampered society that expects immediate gratification. Maybe yes is some cases, maybe no in others. So when I see my wind shield wipers going nuts, I just laugh. I think it was his way of just saying for me not to raise my blood pressure over little things. ;)

Well yeah, but it's also not good for your blood pressure to pretend little things aren't annoying!

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4
I need therapy because the automatic wiper feature doesn't work properly?
This. ^

So as a society we have to lower our standards? Why?

My 2013 S which uses a simple rain sensor has never, ever had any issues.

Wipers that go crazy unexpectedly could potentially be a hazardous situation. Especially if the driver is already a bit impaired visually, as some older drivers might be.

Again, what’s the reason we have to lower our expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.