Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging doesn't work with multiple phone cases?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way that your Note 9 with the Otterbox defender fits the dock just fine. My S10 + with a thin plastic case measures 9.5 mm thick and it would not sit all the way down in the cradle. Your note 9 without any case is 8.8mm thick. Try taking the cradle off the bottom, sliding your phone down just a tiny bit, and see if you get any charge. If you do, it's because your phone can't sit all the way down in the cradle and you should pick up the Jeda extender. If not, your case might just be too thick (the defender is a big boy). Does it wireless charge in that case on other wireless pads?
Well, I dunno about your case (pun intended), but mine in fact does sit flat in the charging cradle.

I don't do Jeda.

Got my MY yesterday - the charging works when I take my iPhone (or my wife's Samsung Note 9 out of the case) - but the moment we put any case on (a thin Otterbox rubber case) or even a slightly thick case on either phone - doesn't charge. I wouldn't think that a thin rubber case prevents any charging.....

Any tips? I don't want to buy the QI aftermarket charger since it would be stupid money spent for something that should have been stock......thanks in advance!

I have an iPhone XR and my husband has the newest Samsung and both charge great. My case is clear silicone (Apple Store) and his is hard black plastic from Amazon.

I had this problem whether the phone was in the case or not in the case in the Model Y. What helps is, try to let the phone go down quickly to the charger. More or less, set it at the base, at the lip, and then let the top, “flop” down. If you put it on softly, it doesn’t like to initiate charging.