TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wishlist - Autopilot usage statistics

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by amitmishra4, Aug 29, 2018.

1. amitmishra4

amitmishra4 Member

I wish there was a way to pull up usage statistics for autopilot vs manual driving. I am sure the data is available but it would be cool to be able to see what percentage of driving an owner spends using autopilot.

I have not thought about it too much but the only negative implication I can see is that it could give rise to some kind of a social media leader board for the highest autopilot time racked, which potentially could cause people to use it in unintended methods.

Tesla obviously looks at this information regularly and can see the usage trend based on incident coverage in the media.

Tesla can detect dips in Autopilot usage by its fleet when there’s negative media coverage

Amit

• Like x 1