Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WIW Blue 70D, low miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This price seems a bit batty. This car doesn't seem particularly highly spec'd so buying new and claiming the tax credit is cheaper. Or is there something with MD sales tax I'm missing here?

My guess is they're fishing for a low information buyer.

This price seems a bit batty. This car doesn't seem particularly highly spec'd so buying new and claiming the tax credit is cheaper. Or is there something with MD sales tax I'm missing here?

Yea my thoughts exactly, I am just looking for previously sold similar models I can send them in comparison. So far unwilling to move off their listed price, even after the eBay auction failed at 66k.

i was bidding on that, and was in contact. There seems to be nothing with the sales tax for an out of state buyer. I suspect the reserve price was around 67-68k (based on a bid retraction history). Yes, their asking price is unreasonable.

I am probably telling people what we have all figured out, but it seems the problem is these dealers have no idea what they have. At least these guys seem to know it's a 70D. I get the feeling from lots of these listings that the people selling don't even know there are multiple battery pack sizes.

I am probably telling people what we have all figured out, but it seems the problem is these dealers have no idea what they have. At least these guys seem to know it's a 70D. I get the feeling from lots of these listings that the people selling don't even know there are multiple battery pack sizes.
True, my experience with dealer communications supports that. They'll keep hunting for uninformed, internetless people, while their noseconed one slowly looses value. Well, that's how people learn supply and demand curves : )

Hehe, I tried to tell them their value will continue to drop, more so now with the refresh out and people want that style. They never even counter-offered, combined with a 4-5 day response time to email, I don't think they're very interested in selling it quickly.

I seem to run into that a lot when looking around for them.. they appear to be over priced vs simply calling the dealer .. not to mention that tesla factors in the tax credit ( which they already claimed) and when i don't run into that i run into INSANELY low trade in values...( in what world can you buy a 2014 porsche anything for 40k)
i've just resolved wait it out somethings gotta break soon

I seem to run into that a lot when looking around for them.. they appear to be over priced vs simply calling the dealer .. not to mention that tesla factors in the tax credit ( which they already claimed) and when i don't run into that i run into INSANELY low trade in values...( in what world can you buy a 2014 porsche anything for 40k)
i've just resolved wait it out somethings gotta break soon

Hey dealerships may not be able to make money on new Teslas, but by god they can mark up used ones!

Lets not forget it wasn't too long ago that depreciation was a nonexistent thing for the Model S. I think some people are now waking up to the fact that they're no longer waitlisted.

They took the tint off?

I called them the day it listed and offered $67,500 and was told their reserve is $73k. He said they've received lowball offers in the low 60's and would call me back if he eBay auction didn't pan out. I didn't bid on the auction and am awaiting their return call for $67,5.

Also the sales person I spoke to warned me that I can't drive the car home because the battery dies in less than 100 miles and they can only charge it at the Chevy dealer across the street... LOL

Here is proof dealers have no idea how to value a Tesla. This was a base 70 no dual motors no upgrades. 2k miles. Dealer paid $72k at a dealer only auction.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 86
Hey dealerships may not be able to make money on new Teslas, but by god they can mark up used ones!

Lets not forget it wasn't too long ago that depreciation was a nonexistent thing for the Model S. I think some people are now waking up to the fact that they're no longer waitlisted.

Don't forget - they're including a free oil change in that price. ;)