Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worn Leather - Seat Replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am shopping for a used Model X from the Tesla used inventory. If I purchased an X with a seat I (and hopefully, they) considered worn (on the bolsters, etc.), would the seat be replaced under warranty or are seats considered "consumables" that naturally wear out? A few of the Xs I've browsed online look like the seats show significant wear. I'd hate to buy one and then have the leather wear completely through within a year or so. I wouldn't care so much if I thought it would eventually get replaced for free.

Watching this one. I've seen a few used cars on Tesla site with the leather creasing and stretching over. Was told this isn't covered under warranty, BUT I've also been told the vented seats with perforations were a warranty issue with Tesla as they've had to get replaced.

Hoping someone whose been through a successful warranty claim chimes in. Or, someone that's paid to have their seat material replaced and can share some real world numbers