Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat squeak. Underneath..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX is about 6 months old an recently it started to squeak like crazy. First noticed when going over bumps that my body would move up and down motion. Then I tried to replicate it would squeak when I lean forward as well as leaning backward (when accelerate). Getting in and out of the car you'll hear a little bit of it as well.

anyone know the root cause and the fix? I dropped off the car to service center today and the technician said they will look into it. However, it may require a full seat replacement which they are not guarantee to be cover under warranty because it's natural degradation from use. They would likely only cover under warranty if it's installed incorrectly or something is broken; otherwise they will try to look for a bandaid solution (e.g. grease, etc.. ). Quite frustrating dealing with the service team.

Any suggestions how to deal with this problem?

Tesla replaced my lower seat completely because of a repeated squeak they couldn’t fix with grease and bolt tightening for me two times prior to replacement. Covered under warranty and the car was several months old. You “should” be okay.

Similar situation here. Had some creaking noise in the backseat which I thought was from the seat. It turns out to have to do with the FWD. They lubricated it and fixed it accordingly. Now it's gone! Another surprise was they adjusted the other FWD which had a slight misalignment on the handles with the front door. I had them if it required too much work, then forget about it. They set them flush now =)