Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worry about the big gap between lower Windshield and plastic cover 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.. this is Tesla's answer about my problem
Tesla (Assistant manager, H****r) said..
They cannot fix it because it works fine. I said "it looks so bad even if working fine...for example, the car doors working fine (opening and closing) then you fix it because it misaligned. My problem is same situation. it is working fine but misaligned". But he still said "NO, The plastic cover was made just like that". So I asked "then all other Model Y has same problem because all Model Y used same plastic cover like me?" He said "YES"...

However, I have never found that any Youtuber mentioned the problem like mine (big gap between lower windshield and cover) until now. Oh, in here, one person just returned because of same issue like mine and one noticed that he has same problem like mine....

Anybody know how to return Tesla? I called Tesla sale part where I picked the Model Y but nobody pick up the phone...Please have me some opinions....

20200619_104832.jpg 20200619_104849.jpg

Hi there,
Looks like your gap is on the front passenger side. Mine is on the driver side. I was given the same response as yours but my local Tesla documented the gap in service history. That way, Tesla will be able to fix / replace free of charge when they find a solution.

Mine is similar. Maybe slightly narrower gap but still there is a gap, on both side. Maybe that's how it's designed? My guess is that the space under the gap is not inside cabin but the traditional "under the hood" area that are supposed to be exposed? But I'm still very interested in what SC would say.

the gaps in your first picture are horrendous. sorry you didn't catch this before accepting delivery. if you're still in your 7 day window to return, I would return it without hesitation. the SC manager didn't give you any glimmer of hope that this would be addressed and fixed. As another poster said, I'd be afraid they'll just say it's "within spec."

Reactions: cusetownusa