Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would a (November) 2018 p100d (possibly)have autopilot by default? (April 2019 + became the standard but wanted to be sure..)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. The question just as the title says. I am just wanting to know if there is any slight chance it could have base autopilot (maybe if ownership transfer possible?…probably not? I am looking at used dealerships) (was able to find out it is a November 2018 production date p100d model s). I tried looking up other threads or anything on google but could not find a super definite answer… opinions and thoughts appreciated! Thank you.

P.s. (just thought of this) but would this autopilot be AP1 or AP2? but I believe it can run FSD? so AP2? Sorry if anything said was inaccurate…

Hello. The question just as the title says. I am just wanting to know if there is any slight chance it could have base autopilot (maybe if ownership transfer possible?…probably not? I am looking at used dealerships) (was able to find out it is a November 2018 production date p100d model s). I tried looking up other threads or anything on google but could not find a super definite answer… opinions and thoughts appreciated! Thank you.

P.s. (just thought of this) but would this autopilot be AP1 or AP2? but I believe it can run FSD? so AP2? Sorry if anything said was inaccurate…

It would be full self-driving capable, but whether or not it has it switched on I don't know. At 2017 that I had as a loner had FSD installed, so yours clearly would be capable of it. If you have access to the car you should be able to wander through the menu and find out what it has installed.

Reactions: Tesoso
Upvote 0
It would be full self-driving capable, but whether or not it has it switched on I don't know. At 2017 that I had as a loner had FSD installed, so yours clearly would be capable of it. If you have access to the car you should be able to wander through the menu and find out what it has installed.
Thank you for your personal experience, it helps. I hope to be able to inspect it hands on in a while. Thank you

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
On the screen in the car, press Controls, -> Software, then "Additional Vehicle Information" to see what is included. For "Full-Self Driving Capable" it means FSD is NOT activated but can be purchased.

Really, that's odd. For their used vehicle listings saying full self-diving capable means that the software is included. But on the screen they give something else? What do they say when the full self driving is active?

Reactions: Tesoso
Upvote 0