Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would it be possible to remove the battery pack or a part of it from the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. It takes two people a full day to remove or install the Roadster pack, with appropriate equipment. Removing any part of it requires full removal first.

I have never understood how Tesla can get away with saying that. I can remove and reinstall the ESS in about 6 hours by myself using a homemade support cradle and a vehicle hoist. Maybe it takes the techs an extra 10 hours to find and access the mysterious electronic service manual. Charging $3K to R&R the ESS is ridiculous.

I have never understood how Tesla can get away with saying that. I can remove and reinstall the ESS in about 6 hours by myself using a homemade support cradle and a vehicle hoist. Maybe it takes the techs an extra 10 hours to find and access the mysterious electronic service manual. Charging $3K to R&R the ESS is ridiculous.

Three of us did removal it in one day, the reason for the slowness as we were documenting and learning as we were going. Install was about 1/2 the time. Now we could do much faster if we needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for the Roadster owners.

Would it be possible to remove temporarily the battery pack or a part of it from the Roadster and charge it at home?

Curious what would be the goal of this?

MAUTO, care to share any pics of your setup you're using to remove the ESS? Always good looking at different ideas in removing that bear. Cool you're able to drop it yourself in rather a short period of time.