TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Would Kal tire replacement another set of winter tires within 30 days without question?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by coolmanfever, Dec 31, 2019.

1. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

So I just had Kal tire installed a set of winter tires today but I find one of tire pressure is really low at 31 psi. I am concerned that I got a bad batch of winter tire since it was last one in stock from Kal tire inventory.

I am considering getting michelin-x-ice-xi3 winter tires instead. But I wonder if Kal tire can replace to michelin-x-ice-xi3 without additiona charge?

2. MexiCanuck

MexiCanuck Member

Did you look at the Kal Tire website or the papers that came with your purchase?

Kal Tire | Customer Care Plan

3. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

yes. I read their policy but I wonder if they will make a big hassel if try to change to new set

4. MexiCanuck

MexiCanuck Member

How is that not your circumstance?

5. Gordeee

Gordeee Member

They probably just didn't put enough air it! Most cars only take 32 psi so they probably just forgot to put 45 in one of the tires. Or you picked up a nail. Top up the pressure to 45 psi yourself. Or return to the store and I'm sure they will take care of it.

Not likely a bad tire

6. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Yeah, I agree with @Gordeee. Probably just have to re-install the tire again or add more air (might not have a good seal). However, what I sense is that you are just generally unhappy with your purchase and if that is the case, their policy seems to cover that scenario as well.

As @MexiCanuck quoted it says "if you don't like your new tires". Meaning, you don't need a reason to return them other than you aren't happy with them.

I use X-ice 3's and can tell you that IMO, they are amazing. Way, way, way better than the Blizzak's I had on my old car. Better in EVERY single metric that matters to me.