Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would like more control over the driver's screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need that graph of battery usage like a hole in the head. And the album/station art is just a big, bright eyesore. I would love a clock and a speedometer (my wheel in favorite position hides this essential info). I have seen some posts here that intimate that the ability to edit/rearrange the cluster is "coming" but it seems never to arrive. Anyone have insight? I would think this update/change would be much in demand.

I agree! And a digital clock would be an awesome option. The battery/energy usage graph does nothing for me too.

I have my music art (or navigation) on the left and trip odometer information on the right. I have a 2014 Model S 60 with MCU2.

20230528_190235.jpg

Reactions: jhoughton1
@jhoughton1 I'm guessing you have a relatively recent S? This IMHO was a regression in functionality in the Palladium S/X software. On older cars, you used to be able to put different panels of information (3/Y owners would call these "cards") on the left and right sides of the IC. I was astonished that you can't do this on the Palladium S/X. So for example there's no way to see the odometer/trip meters or tire pressure without calling up the settings screen on the CID. Who knows if we'll get this capability back, but when we do, Tesla is likely to pitch this as a new innovation, rather than something that was present on the Model S all the way back to 2012.

@JAlbury825 I miss that gorgeous analog speedometer and power meter! I had that on my S85D for about 6 months before the first Autopilot roll-out.

Bruce.

Last edited: