Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would the typical Corvette Driver recognize a Performance M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Every damn time I drive my Volt, Corvette drivers around me drive aggressively.

I pull up next to one of these Corvettes in the 3P at a light and chill. (as If I can rev on him anyway). If I hear any noise at all, he’s done.

Light turns green and silence. Wtf? Happy to show off to a Volt but meek as a Minivan when a Model 3 shows up?

Could have sworn it was a EV Corvette with how little noise it made.

Wonder if he recognized what kind of Tesla it is as Corvettes are pretty mean against the single motor variants.

Edit: damnit meant to spell out Model 3 in the title. Using M3 is disrespectful even if you can beat the hell out of them. It’s like taking on Mike Tyson when he is wheelchair bound.

That mid engine vette testing at the ring sure does look and sound awesome...cept the back end...looks too much like a Camaro. Too bad auto only....but mid engine V8....yum.

The performance model 3 looks like all the other model 3s...and will also look like the 35k model 3.

I pull up next to one of these Corvettes in the 3P at a light and chill. (as If I can rev on him anyway). If I hear any noise at all, he’s done.

Light turns green and silence. Wtf? Happy to show off to a Volt but meek as a Minivan when a Model 3 shows up?

Wonder if he recognized what kind of Tesla it is as Corvettes are pretty mean against the single motor variants.

Edit: damnit meant to spell out Model 3 in the title. Using M3 is disrespectful even if you can beat the hell out of them. It’s like taking on Mike Tyson when he is wheelchair bound.
From the side and the front it’s probably an unfamiliar car, most “high performance” ICE cars will only see the mode 3 performance as a distant tail light, or perhaps a blur of light passing...

In all seriousness you probably won’t encounter many people who want to race a Tesla everyone who does that knows how badly they get beat by now...

I expected more people to try and test the model 3 but so far no one bites. I think most high end ICE owners don't know the difference between a 3 and an S not to mention the variants of either. They have seen the ludicrous mode numbers and I think they assume we are all that fast. The only car to test me off the line was a model S p90d and he rolled down his window before and asked if I would floor it so he could see how they compare. He smoked me lol. Mine is AWD non P so I had no chance but it was fun.

There are a few vette's and a green lamborghini I have seen rolling around lately that I want to see what they can do. My buddy is bringing his 2014 shelby gt up this weekend. I will let you guys know how it goes and post video here of our showdown.

Most don't know what a Tesla is, much less the different models.

Now coal rollers, they don't care what model it is, they just are looking for a reason to belch at any Tesla. I realized that coal rolling only works if they are in front of you, and they are mostly noise and smoke, no speed. Just pass them.

I've seen some diesel trucks go pretty darn fast at the dragstrip.

I was surprised at how many cars tried to take me in a p90d ludicrous. Perhaps it’s the more aggressive look with 21s and stance (low air). It was fun to give them the jump, and then blow by em in warp speed.

That’s the best.. can be the second one to throw a punch / be reactive and still win.

True, I used to own Volt too. More cars want to challenged me than my S or X. I guess people are bullies LOL.

But OP, I think that's because already many Corvettes got schooled by Teslas and they remember their painful experience.

I know some Tesla owners are bold enough to go lead foot every red light. So they associate Tesla = Super quick car. Heck, they may get scared of even Model 3 RWD now since P85D, P90D, P100Ds on the road taught the lesson that Tesla is not to be matched on drag race. You can thank all the Performance Models ;)

Volt, on the other hand, people look at the logo and think "Haha, I got this." I have to say that my Volt won more 0-50 mph at red light than it lost, but I hardly lost any match with my Teslas in 0-50 mph or 0-70mph on highway entrance.

So yes, when they see "T" logo, most will wet their pants and give up.