Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would the typical Corvette Driver recognize a Performance M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it a guy in their mid-30’s-al (AND my Prius) for a P3D+.

No more fuel supper and gas guzzler.
I don’t know many guys in their mid thirties who drive a corvette.. (in SoCal).. they don’t find corvettes cool... (and obviously extremely impractical for a family), and relatively expensive for a 2 seater.. also my understanding is that unless you are an extremely skilled driver you likely won’t do very well with one performance wise and they can be very dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing (more so than a comparable car)..

That’s my understanding...

No spoiler yet but got tired of waiting on Tesla's badge. Just went 3rd party for now. Damn badge supplier laughed when Elon said funding secured. :(

317tA50pGIL.jpg

LOL. Are you seriously going to attach that BMW M3 badge? I thought you were joking but it seems you are serious about it.

If you do, I predict you will get so many challenges at the redlight/stoplight from angry BMW M3 drivers. Show them the new kid on the block can topple the original M3's ;)

• Funny
Reactions: MXWing
LOL. Are you seriously going to attach that BMW M3 badge? I thought you were joking but it seems you are serious about it.

If you do, I predict you will get so many challenges at the redlight/stoplight from angry BMW M3 drivers. Show them the new kid on the block can topple the original M3's ;)

M5 can come get some as well. ;)

Just a joke.. I wouldn't do anything like that. I am hesitant to even put the Dual Motor badge on if/when it arrives. Only justifiable reason is when going to Big Bear. Though that is NOT happening on the 20 inch summer tires either. :(

i think some performance car drivers know what it is from the wheels and calipers, but most just assume it's the '35k cheap Tesla.' i know it's not a popular opinion around here, but the hype around the car is that it's a mass market, affordable, tech-heavy, eco-friendly Tesla.
Even in performance trim, it's looks kind of cute and bubbly ... doesn't have the presence of a P100D and certainly not at all menacing like it's direct competition... M3, C63, etc... I think people don't bite at the light because it doesn't look like a performance car. in fact, the demographic that notices my car the most are little kids... i get waves from them all the time... weird but true.
Don't know... i guess it's just a friendly looking car.

Funny I noticed some kids also excited about seeing my car. But not cause it's a "friendly" looking car it's because the younger generation is way more in tune with what's going on with Tesla than the older folks. As a side note, I got the finger the other day from a pickup driver because I accelerated to help get out of his way so he could pass a guy in front of him lol...

Funny I noticed some kids also excited about seeing my car. But not cause it's a "friendly" looking car it's because the younger generation is way more in tune with what's going on with Tesla than the older folks. As a side note, I got the finger the other day from a pickup driver because I accelerated to help get out of his way so he could pass a guy in front of him lol...

I agree the younger generation is more excited and in tune with the company and mission... but you have to admit, the car has a friendly, non-threatening face.

I try not to race unless the other guys revs, then it tailights baby! Smoked this old guy in his Mercedes the other day, he reved of the line and I was like ok, and pinned it and shot past in silent blur.... love my S. After a couple years with the Tesla these other cars all sound so hideous and uneccessarily loud, not to mention slow and stinky. Yes funny how drivers behavior changes when you roll up from behind.... however I agree, the coal roller truck types are the dingle heads though. I try to avoid... unless they ask for it. can’t wait till the Tesla truck......

I pulled up at a light next to a Jaguar. I didn't want to race him, but apparently he wanted to waste gas. At the green, I started just a little faster than I normally do, which was enough to pull ahead of him, but then I kept to the speed limit while he wanted to show me just how fast his car could go, for at least the next half mile. Too bad there wasn't a cop around- usually is. Ive just got RWD. I think people will know Tesla, but not necessarily if it's a performance version.

This is probably true. I find most traditional car people don't keep much of an eye on the electric world. I did notice at work the other day that everyone was pretty hyped on the Roadster specs but us Tesla fans were all drooling about that months ago and it has just hit their world.
Even just in the ICE world, most car owners aren't car nuts. The average corvette guy is probably pretty clueless about other car model variants.

As much as I rather not, I have to drive the Volt from time to time to burn up the lease miles.

Coincidencely that’s when I run into the most aggressive and loud drivers.

Some Focus SVT blows past me going 30 above the limit. I’m like WTF is my P3 when I need it.

Boom, I see a Model 3 coming up fast behind me and he looks game!

Light is turning red too and I’m going to get front row seats to a Ford asskicking.

SVT sees the 3 and then decides to blow the red. Easily red for 1.5 seconds before the Ford crosses it.

Craziness. SVT tool would rather risk a collision or killing a pediatrian than to get put to task for driving like a jerk. Model 3 driver stopped of course. And then consequently flew when the light turned green. :D

Messed around with a done up C7 Z06 today in my RWD at 50% charge. Yea lol, got schooled in that battle. I was glad though that I could keep up when we goin 100+ at times.

M3 has a steady pull from 60-110 for all you curious drivers out there

Messed around with a done up C7 Z06 today in my RWD at 50% charge. Yea lol, got schooled in that battle. I was glad though that I could keep up when we goin 100+ at times.

M3 has a steady pull from 60-110 for all you curious drivers out there

It's only almost twice the price and useless for Costco trips with more than 1 person other than the driver.

You still win in my opinion. :D

Reactions: Linkeds2
former corvette owner, 6 of 'em since I was 21.
I'm a small block chevy guy, last version was 427!
I tell my vette friends when they ask about P3D+
"unless you brought a blower, move on over!"
C6 ZR1, blower 638hp 600 ft/lbs,
C7 Z06, blower 650 hp 625 ft/lbs
C6 427, atmospheric 505 hp, 485 ft/lbs
427 was 3.4~3.5 0-60,
P3D+ 3.2~3.4 0-60

I resemble that remark.
I don't race but I do take people out for their first Tesla drive. I always encourage them to stomp on the go pedal somewhere it is safe and after the laughs and grins I say "the crazy thing is that this car is the slowest Tesla makes."

The Model 3 SR is going to wreck my punch line.
I've always assumed that my S60 is the slowest car Tesla ever made. Still pretty quick accelerating uphill, however.