Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would You Take Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a data point, my Model S had some rock chips on the front from transport. I took delivery anyway. Several weeks later, I took the car back in. They gave me a Model S loaner and replaced my bumper, hood, windshield, and headlights. I'm not sure I would have even noticed the damage, but they took major steps to make it right. I have no complaints.

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Just as a data point, my Model S had some rock chips on the front from transport. I took delivery anyway. Several weeks later, I took the car back in. They gave me a Model S loaner and replaced my bumper, hood, windshield, and headlights. I'm not sure I would have even noticed the damage, but they took major steps to make it right. I have no complaints.

I would have no problems doing this had it not been for the install of PPF. My detailer is highly regarded but doesn’t do paint work so if the paint is not right, it has to be repaired before the PPF install. Otherwise, this is a logical solution and avoids a delay in delivery.

Good luck finding a Model S for rent right now. I'm on the calling list in case one becomes available. In the meantime, I have to contend with this Mercedes-Benz. In any other circumstance, I might be more thankful but STILL not having the chance to drive a Tesla anything yet, my patience is wearing thin.