Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wouldn't ya know it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in beautiful upstate NY we're in the midst of a heat wave... 90 plus degrees for many days in a row. And wouldn't ya know my climate control system is on the fritz!

Started Fryday, system started acting strange, wouldn't cool car unless cranked temp to maximum low. It ended up that I could cool the vehicle by turning off the auto setting and adjusting everything manually. I have dogs and use Dog Mode frequently... when I tried to turn on Dog Mode noticed the "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault." message.
20200705_092446.jpg

Other strange occurrences:
Driving on a clear single lane road and having complete control of the vehicle I got a warning message briefly flash on screen stating that it was making steering corrections for my safety. I couldn't discern any corrections being made, and none that needed to be made!

Just today discovered that my phone app won't wake the car. Opens frunk, can enter the car, and yesterday drove fine save for the A/C issue.

And wouldn't you know also that the earliest service appointment isn't for two freaking weeks and it's a two, three hour drive to get to the service center.

Any suggestions? I'm on 2020.20.12. Have shut it down, waited for a bit, then hit the brake to wake to no avail.

Did you try the steering wheel button restart ? I dont think its any diff than the shut down from the power button on the screen, but maybe a try. What about error messages review ?

Can you call the SC and see if they will remotely view your diagnostics for error messages ?

I had a problem in the winter when the car didn't seem to be able to read the outside temperature -- It would be below freezing outside and it would show a really high temperature reading outside (like 55C). So it was hard to automatically get heat unless I set it to MAX or fiddle around with manual settings.

There doesn't appear to be a way to see what the car thinks the interior temperature is, so I assume it was wrong on that too, since it wouldn't even try to heat the car automatically.

A steering wheel reset didn't help. But what did was the next firmware update, everything returned to normal.

Does the car read the outside temperature properly?

• Informative
Reactions: NOLADriver
I had a problem in the winter when the car didn't seem to be able to read the outside temperature -- It would be below freezing outside and it would show a really high temperature reading outside (like 55C). So it was hard to automatically get heat unless I set it to MAX or fiddle around with manual settings.

There doesn't appear to be a way to see what the car thinks the interior temperature is, so I assume it was wrong on that too, since it wouldn't even try to heat the car automatically.

A steering wheel reset didn't help. But what did was the next firmware update, everything returned to normal.

Does the car read the outside temperature properly?
Outside temp was within a few degrees of home thermometer

Did you try the steering wheel button restart ? I dont think its any diff than the shut down from the power button on the screen, but maybe a try. What about error messages review ?

Can you call the SC and see if they will remotely view your diagnostics for error messages ?
Steering wheel restart did nothing, tried that first. Don't know how to review error messages. But good tip to call SC, will do that and get back to ya.