Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapped center console in Alcantara

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried a different approach and covered the center console in "Alcantara". I like the result very much, the edges can be modelled very well (I've never used foil before - went well the first time). Can be easily fixed and removed again and tried again. In addition, the film is very "stretchy" ). Now the fabric has to be UV-resistant and get not red/brown. Maybe I'll find a better foil, which simulates the grey of the Model 3 Alcantara better. But it's a good proof of concept at least..

What do you think about it?

67x7t9q5.jpg

e6zpnbpm.jpg

wt4c2cro.jpg

gbqmilf7.jpg

6rm2esbx.jpg

i6szrg4z.jpg

Not really my cup of tea. Two points for me on why. I think it will wear out prematurely especially on the edges and where you constantly have to touch it to open and close. Secondly the fingerprints EVERY time you touch it/open/close would drive me NUTS. The answer? Every time you open and close it ‘Smooth’ it out with a flat hand to alleviate the fingerprints however again that will ‘add’ to the premature wear.
But glad you like it and glad others are willing to attempt different looks! Because of that I like it if that makes sense! To each his own! Happy you like it.:)

Ski

Last edited:
I don't use the key card either, but I had to leave the car for 2 weeks at the Tesla approved body shop to get paint defects corrected. The person who brought my car around mentioned their key card holders are just as slick on the center console as the actual key card.

I tried a different approach and covered the center console in "Alcantara". I like the result very much, the edges can be modelled very well (I've never used foil before - went well the first time). Can be easily fixed and removed again and tried again. In addition, the film is very "stretchy" ). Now the fabric has to be UV-resistant and get not red/brown. Maybe I'll find a better foil, which simulates the grey of the Model 3 Alcantara better. But it's a good proof of concept at least..

What do you think about it?

67x7t9q5.jpg

e6zpnbpm.jpg

wt4c2cro.jpg

gbqmilf7.jpg

6rm2esbx.jpg

i6szrg4z.jpg
source for the material? I personally really like it

Last seen 23 weeks ago, so unlikely to hear from him, but I really want to do my Dash in alcantara, but living in Canada makes the one from RPM almost impossible to order given shipping, tax, duty, and return shipping cost. Even when they have the free shipping I'm worried the duties and taxes will be a lot.

Anyone know where I could get this material from. It looks like it worked perfectly for the original poster.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Not something I would do personally. While our MS has alcantara as a headliner and partially on the front section of the dash closest to the driver/passenger, and I do like the feel of it, the alcantara is in a position it won't be touched much...for obvious reasons I would think (keeping it clean and nice looking). My Model 3 with black interior has a door side panel section of it and even there my arm never really rests against it. While I think alcantara is a luxury look and feel, I tend to prefer a low-maintenance interior, just like my Model 3's low maintenance in general.

I think it looks nice. Maybe try the OE material used on the door panels to match it closer? It may look nice with the suede headliner.
I would like to see alcantara on the console side trim as it could add a nice touch and doesnt get as much hand traffic as the top.