Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrong App Region?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm a new Tesla Model 3 owner in my first month of ownership with a 2nd hand M3LR. Lots to learn!

My Tesla app seems to think I am in the US, despite the fact that my address shows with GB at the end. When I go to the store in the app, or look at upgrades, these are all presented in dollar $ values. I presume, as I am in the UK, that it should present with GBP £? I can't for the life of me find a way to change this. I've looked on the online account (via the website) and this shows my address as ending in UK.

I've only supercharged once, but despite having a payment card setup in my account, initially it didn't take payment and restricted my supercharger use. Could this be part of why?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Hi all,

I'm a new Tesla Model 3 owner in my first month of ownership with a 2nd hand M3LR. Lots to learn!

My Tesla app seems to think I am in the US, despite the fact that my address shows with GB at the end. When I go to the store in the app, or look at upgrades, these are all presented in dollar $ values. I presume, as I am in the UK, that it should present with GBP £? I can't for the life of me find a way to change this. I've looked on the online account (via the website) and this shows my address as ending in UK.

I've only supercharged once, but despite having a payment card setup in my account, initially it didn't take payment and restricted my supercharger use. Could this be part of why?

Any suggestions gratefully received!
Just delete the app and reinstall and log in again, make sure you do that for the online account too.

Cross-posting this from elsewhere where I discussed it:

I did. Eventually. The issue seemed to be that when I first made a Tesla account, way back when, it was via the Tesla.com website. This gave me no problems logging into to Tesla GB, but meant that my region was geolocked to the US. Therefore, when I bought my second hand M3 and signed into my Tesla account on Tesla GB, it assumed that my car was a US car and set it up that way.

The first call I made to Tesla support sounded like the agent had fixed the issue - she said it would resolve in an hour or two, but I had zero success after those hours passed. A second call put me in touch with someone who clearly knew their onions and they basically deregistered my car as a US car, and re-added it as a GB car. It basically ended up looking like a change of ownership or something of that nature. This isn't something you're going to be able to resolve via an app, it WILL require a phone call to Tesla and a few minutes of your time to explain the issue.

Hope that helps.

Tony

I know this is an old thread, but I hit this sane problem yesterday after picking up a private sale.

Here's how I fixed it.

I noticed when you log into the Tesla app it displays en_GB in the top right of the website.

After entering your email, it refreshed to enter pass word. The password entry page says en_US in the top right.

This is because I accidentally left US as my location when I first created the profile. Adding the correct address to the profile does not fix the above issue.

So... My problem was I charged once on the way home. This left unpaid balance on the vehicle. No way to pay it off.

I initiated a transfer of ownership in the app, it forced adding a payment method again, Leave this billing address as it is, even if its just your name. On entering the card details, it'll accept a postal code in this data entry area.

It added the card, paid the balance, I now have supercharging access again.

Reactions: init6
I know this is an old thread, but I hit this sane problem yesterday after picking up a private sale.

Here's how I fixed it.

I noticed when you log into the Tesla app it displays en_GB in the top right of the website.

After entering your email, it refreshed to enter pass word. The password entry page says en_US in the top right.

This is because I accidentally left US as my location when I first created the profile. Adding the correct address to the profile does not fix the above issue.

So... My problem was I charged once on the way home. This left unpaid balance on the vehicle. No way to pay it off.

I initiated a transfer of ownership in the app, it forced adding a payment method again, Leave this billing address as it is, even if its just your name. On entering the card details, it'll accept a postal code in this data entry area.

It added the card, paid the balance, I now have supercharging access again.
Just to add, if you also put a service request in, it brings up the billing address page and also let's you change to UK there. No idea if that fixes the problem without doing my above step.