Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: 120V "Yellow" Roadster Charging Cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for acquire a 120V Yellow Charging cable for anyone who wants to get rid of one they no longer need.

My connector on the "TESLA" side is becoming problematic to connect and need to get a replacement. I don't use it very often, but I want to to work when I do actually NEED IT. Seems the connector wont put it into charge mode even thought its engaged and properly fitted. I've got to take it on and off a few time and fiddle with it to get it in just the right position to get it to turn "BLUE"

Not sure If I can replace just the TESLA side connector easily, as I've looked at the parts available. Rather just get a working cable from somebody who has a spare. PM me if you have one you want to part with and we can go from there...

Any suggestions on whats wrong with the connector itself is also appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggestion: Buy a CAN SR that @hcsharp makes and then you can use Tesla destination chargers or Tesla corded mobile connector. I stack the CAN with a Tesla J1772 adapter for more options when I'm on the road.

That solution has been working for me the last 3-4 years now.

P.s. added benefit -> takes up very little room in the trunk.

Try reaching out to the seller of this car on eBay. Looks like they have a couple they're including in the sale so perhaps they'd consider selling one separately.

s-l1600.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: markwj