Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Model S or X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to buy my first Tesla.
Located in New England, but will travel and drive it back home pretty much anywhere in the country.
Looking for autopilot 2 or better on Model S, either on Model X.
Looking for one that is still under warranty.
All the best!

I'm in about the same position you are.

Since both seem to be almost funcontinally the same (other then towing) a large part of my thought process is how easily I can get in and out of the vehicle. The X is very easy for me to step into and requires no lifting with my knees to get out. The S does require some bending to get down into and a little leg lifting over the sill plaster to get out of. Also, the B pillar is a little too far forward for my tastes but it does serve as an assist for exiting. Overall, I think the S looks better but the x serves me better.

Still deciding .

+1 for EV-CPO, its great. A few bucks for a subscription and you can even pull all historic data to excel.

Biggest downside of an X for me personally is those rear doors. Just thought they could be a hassle in real life and a maintenance risk going forward. They also block the roof from roof racks (which we need). Other than that the X is for sure easier to get in and out of, the S is very low.