Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wtb Model s with autopilot under 35k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the heart wants what the hear wants. the wallet is the limiting factor. I cant afford more than 35 k unfortunately and I dont see the point of spending so much money on something that doesnt have everything I want.

Don't worry, you will find what you are looking for, but the search will take months and when the opportunity opens you have to be ready to jump on it immediately.

Reactions: Cowby
Won't prices increase a little after the tax credit goes away?
When I bought my M3, I compared new M3, new S or used S.
I compared what my out the door cost would be on all 3 vehicles, and with the tax incentive, new was the way to go by far. I would assume when the price of new models increase (without tax rebate) then price of used may increase some as well.

• Informative
Reactions: GMan324 and Cowby
Overall price ranges seem to go up and down. Right now while the prices seem to be at an all time low you would be better off upping your budget a little and buying an 85 with lower miles for the big increase in range and power. You can always add AP on a CPO car and AP1 is cheap compared to AP2 that way out of your price range. Ap1 is still the best performing system overall and priced the cheapest. The very cheapest cars are usually stripped and the small increase in price gets you a much better equipped car. CPO cars carry CPO warranties that are comparable to new warranties and are much better than the extended warranties.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Won't prices increase a little after the tax credit goes away?

That will only affect newer used cars, like 2017 or 2018 models -- where buyers expect to reap partial benefits of the tax credit the seller recently took advantage of.

But I really don't see older cars (2016 or earlier) being affected by the tax credit going away, at all.

And certainly not in the sub-$40k used level.

Overall price ranges seem to go up and down. Right now while the prices seem to be at an all time low you would be better off upping your budget a little and buying an 85 with lower miles for the big increase in range and power. You can always add AP on a CPO car and AP1 is cheap compared to AP2 that way out of your price range. Ap1 is still the best performing system overall and priced the cheapest. The very cheapest cars are usually stripped and the small increase in price gets you a much better equipped car. CPO cars carry CPO warranties that are comparable to new warranties and are much better than the extended warranties.

About how much should I increase it to. The problem is that I can’t/don’t want to finance the car. I’ll have to buy it upfront. I am fine with buying a brand new model 3 but the upfront cost is too much since the tax benefits don’t happen right away.

Excellent advice above.

Wrt how much to increase budget, the higher you go, the more choices you'll have. That said, $40K +/- $5K for a CPO RWD S85 AP1 w/pano is about right. The trick is to find one that's coming off a 3-year lease and after April 2015 w/the advent of AWD cars shipping, well, the supply dwindles. All you need is one, however.

Good luck.

• Funny
Reactions: b team
I own a car like you are looking for. It is a late 2014 MS60, AP1, Pano, Sub-Zero, 62K, CPO warranty until 96K miles, free supercharging for the life of the car, no leather - textile seats. I have been watching the prices closely since I bought it in January and would say it would less for low $40K range. KBB lists it at $42k, so $35 is too low. If you up your budget $5-7K you can find what you are looking for. It is hard to find 2014 with AP since it came out so late in the year, but they are out there.
Good Luck