TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WTB Roadster 1.5 with Alcantara interior

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by jeremyz, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

I'm interested in buying a 1.5 Roadster with an Alcantara interior. I'm not too particular on the exterior color, but there a few colors I'm not too fond of.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Jeremy,

Are you against leather for a reason or you just prefer alcantara?

I would highly suggest buying a roadster with black leather and buying new seat covers once you own the car...

If you really can't stand the door panel leather maybe someone can recover those as well.

Best of luck!

What causes the desire for alcantara?

3. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

I guess my request is somewhat ambiguous. I want a Roadster that has a microfiber interior (which I assumed was Alcantara). I don't want leather because I'm vegan.

4. 7racer

7racer Member

I thought that our leather was fake leather

5. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

I'm 99.9% sure that it's real leather.

6. bart513

bart513 Member

Just in case Jeremy check out my 1.5 Roadster listed here. Let me know. We are animal advocates, have 6 rescued dogs, 2 cats and a horse that we rescued.
    Best of luck

7. NEWDL

It is real. I used to push the alcantara as the animal friendly leather alternative when I was selling them in the roadster hay days.

I really think buying one with leather and recovering is the way to go.

I totally understand if you want a leather free car from day 1, but it's going to be much easier to find leather.

Best of luck!!!

8. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

bart513, your car is really nice looking. I think I'm going to hold out for a while for a car with microfiber though.

NEWDL, I don't understand why they wouldn't use Alcantara. It's more animal friendly, more environmentally friendly, lighter, more beautiful, more exclusive and less stone age than leather. If it's good enough for the Lamborghini Superleggera, it should be good enough for the Roadster. People in the UK like to reupholster their Elise/VX220 steering wheels in leather; they look nicer to me than the leather steering wheels.
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/rich_geden/VX220/DSC03864.jpg

9. NEWDL

I'm sure it comes down to some perception of leather being the "premium material". In the US top luxury cars don't even have an alternative choice to leather. I think this makes Americans think that this is the material they should strive for... "This is what the big boys and girls want/get". It is insanity, but welcome to the American mindset...

I'd love to hear how the alcantara steering wheel holds up to dirty greasy hands all day long... It does look and I would imagine feel quite nice!

So sorry to take you mildly off topic... Someone please sell this guy a roadster!

(Have you thought about talking to tesla about getting a CPO roadster and allowing them to redo the interior in Alcantara?

10. jeremyz

jeremyz Member

I've read that Alcantara steering wheels definitely require some minor upkeep to keep them looking good. If you do maintain them though, they apparently stay in great shape for a long time. As for seats, my 8 year old Evo VIII RS has microfiber/Alcantara seats. The seats basically look like they're brand new and I've done zero maintenance on them. And when you're driving hard (like at the track or autocross), there's none of that slip 'n slide BS that you have with leather seats.

11. bart513

bart513 Member

Hey Jeremy,
    I just saw a 2010 Roadster Sport 2.0 on eBay in silver with Microfiber interior!
    bart513

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

As I understand it there were not that many sold. Leather was actually the cheaper option and on the base model unlike the MS.

13. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#13 SwedishAdvocate, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    I’m guessing it’s this one:

Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

14. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

Bad pictures. The interior on that car is black.

15. bart513

bart513 Member

Hi Jeremy,
    I just saw what looks like to be 1.5 Roadster with Alcantara interior on eBay. It looks like a salvaged roadster missing the primary battery. Might be interesting for you to check out?

16. andybm3

andybm3 Member

Just sent you a PM