Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB Roadster 1.5 with Alcantara interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeremy,

Are you against leather for a reason or you just prefer alcantara?

I would highly suggest buying a roadster with black leather and buying new seat covers once you own the car...

If you really can't stand the door panel leather maybe someone can recover those as well.

Best of luck!

What causes the desire for alcantara?

It is real. I used to push the alcantara as the animal friendly leather alternative when I was selling them in the roadster hay days.

I really think buying one with leather and recovering is the way to go.

I totally understand if you want a leather free car from day 1, but it's going to be much easier to find leather.

Best of luck!!!

bart513, your car is really nice looking. I think I'm going to hold out for a while for a car with microfiber though.

NEWDL, I don't understand why they wouldn't use Alcantara. It's more animal friendly, more environmentally friendly, lighter, more beautiful, more exclusive and less stone age than leather. If it's good enough for the Lamborghini Superleggera, it should be good enough for the Roadster. People in the UK like to reupholster their Elise/VX220 steering wheels in leather; they look nicer to me than the leather steering wheels.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/rich_geden/VX220/DSC03864.jpg

I'm sure it comes down to some perception of leather being the "premium material". In the US top luxury cars don't even have an alternative choice to leather. I think this makes Americans think that this is the material they should strive for... "This is what the big boys and girls want/get". It is insanity, but welcome to the American mindset...

I'd love to hear how the alcantara steering wheel holds up to dirty greasy hands all day long... It does look and I would imagine feel quite nice!

So sorry to take you mildly off topic... Someone please sell this guy a roadster!

(Have you thought about talking to tesla about getting a CPO roadster and allowing them to redo the interior in Alcantara?

I've read that Alcantara steering wheels definitely require some minor upkeep to keep them looking good. If you do maintain them though, they apparently stay in great shape for a long time. As for seats, my 8 year old Evo VIII RS has microfiber/Alcantara seats. The seats basically look like they're brand new and I've done zero maintenance on them. And when you're driving hard (like at the track or autocross), there's none of that slip 'n slide BS that you have with leather seats.