Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Tesla 10-30 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted a similar thread earlier this month, but I didn't receive any replies. So I am going to make another request.

i wish to buy a Tesla made NEMA 10-30 adapter (3 prong 240V 30 amp adapter which fits older dryer receptacles).

If you have a Tesla NEMA 10-30 Adapter to sell, I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Here is a link to the juice box adapter:

JuiceBox Adapters

Since this adapts to a 14-50 outlet, the UMC will signal to the car that 40 Amps are available. You will have to dial this down to 24 Amps or less (max continuous load on a 30 Amp breaker and wiring, 80% of 30 A).

There are a few things that will cause the car to go back to the 40 Amp default, such as resets after a software update. Even if I had the Jucebox adapter, I would buy the Tesla 10-30 adapter as soon as it becomes available again.

GSP

PS. Another option would to make a 10-30 to 14-30 adapter from a replacement cord for a 10-30 dryer and a 14-30 outlet. Mark it clearly "Tesla charging Only." Then use Tesla's new 14-30 UMC adapter.

PPS. Maybe the very best option is to rewire your 10-30 outlet to either a 14-30 or a 14-50. That way you have a dedicated ground wire for the car charging system, instead of using the neutral wire from your 10-30. I am far from expert on this, but it sounds safer to me.

Last edited:
I've bought and shipped a couple 10-30 adapters to the west coast to help folks out as my SC had them in stock. Tesla should allow for registration of the hardware so the current owners can receive replacements and not just assume it is still in the original purchasers possession.

I posted a similar thread earlier this month, but I didn't receive any replies. So I am going to make another request.

i wish to buy a Tesla made NEMA 10-30 adapter (3 prong 240V 30 amp adapter which fits older dryer receptacles).

If you have a Tesla NEMA 10-30 Adapter to sell, I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
If you haven't tracked one down yet, we have one we could probably part with.