Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Tesla NEMA 6-50 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I will be taking delivery of an S85 in a few weeks and my garage is wired with a NEMA 6-50 outlet - due to my current EVSE needing that plug style. I was wondering if someone had a 6-50 adapter that they were willing to part with. Please let me know.

Thank you

I bought this EV Adapter Cords Electric Vehicle Plug Adapters - Corddepot.com and it has worked well. I only paid 69.99 back in March, looks like they upped the price $5.. It fits nicely in the UMC bag too.

Does this adapter simply ignore the Neutral line? I assume an adapter like this would be useful in places where simply wiring a NEMA 14-50 and not ignoring the neutral line would not pass code... or am I missing something?

as well as the adapter does the job, it is a much less clean install vs just using a NEMA 6-50 dongle on the UMC.

AFAIK the Model S doesn't need a neutral line when dealing with 240 V and doesn't care if it is there or not.

The neutral is not used in the adapter from cord depot or the Tesla adapter. The big thing to remember with the cord depot adapter is to never ever use it on and RV- you'll damage the appliances in the RV! This adapter must be marked for EV use only.

I used mine at my mother in law's where there was a 6-50 welding outlet in the garage- worked like a champ...

I will add in DO NOT CHANGE OUT THE RECEPTACLE from a 6-50 to a 14-50 unless you have all 4 wires present (2 HOTS, 1 Neutral 1 Ground) in the conduit! THIS IS CERTAINLY a CODE VIOLATION- and WILL DAMAGE AN RV if plugged into it!