Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB -Titanium Model S, 90 or 100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTB -Titanium Model S, 90 or 100
any variant, P, D or PXXXD
Prefer black or tan interior
West Coast would be nice

It's my understanding this color was only 2014-2016?
They did sell some in 2017 but only on orders that were sold before color was discontinued. I happened to like the color and was going to buy a new inventory one with a significant discount back in 2017. The good thing is if you like the color is that they are usually cheaper. The color wasn’t very popular with buyers and Tesla typically discounts used Titanium cars more because they don’t sell as well. If you search historical sales the lowest priced cars are Titanium. I read somewhere the number of each color sold and the take rate on certain colors were too low to continue production. Here is a nice low mile Titanium with a 4/50 warranty for 51,800 from Tesla. I did a quick Google search and found a 2017 S with the PPTI paint code (Titanium)
F40C3B99-AA74-4DEF-9198-91912688ABC6.jpeg

2016 Model S | Tesla

Last edited:
They did sell some in 2017 but only on orders that were sold before color was discontinued. I happened to like the color and was going to buy a new inventory one with a significant discount back in 2017. The good thing is if you like the color is that they are usually cheaper. The color wasn’t very popular with buyers and Tesla typically discounts used Titanium cars more because they don’t sell as well. If you search historical sales the lowest priced cars are Titanium. I read somewhere the number of each color sold and the take rate on certain colors were too low to continue production. Here is a nice low mile Titanium with a 4/50 warranty for 51,800 from Tesla. I did a quick Google search and found a 2017 S with the PPTI paint code (Titanium)
View attachment 564818

2016 Model S | Tesla
While historically this has been true I'm starting to see a rebound on the Titanium Metallic vehicles specifically since they were such a unique color coupled with such low production numbers. I think that these will gain in collect-ability and therefore value as the years progress and everyone owns white, black, blue and red cars. This is pretty common with lower production unique cars that have a cult following. Simple supply v demand will prevail as it always does.

While historically this has been true I'm starting to see a rebound on the Titanium Metallic vehicles specifically since they were such a unique color coupled with such low production numbers. I think that these will gain in collect-ability and therefore value as the years progress and everyone owns white, black, blue and red cars. This is pretty common with lower production unique cars that have a cult following. Simple supply v demand will prevail as it always does.
Not sure about very much of a cult following of something that was unpopular but if someone wants one it always boils down to supply and demand. Popular colors will always have more buyers therefore a higher supply demand ratio matching the bigger supply. Still nice to be able to buy them cheaper if it’s what you want.

Not sure about very much of a cult following of something that was unpopular but if someone wants one it always boils down to supply and demand. Popular colors will always have more buyers therefore a higher supply demand ratio matching the bigger supply. Still nice to be able to buy them cheaper if it’s what you want.
When it comes to cars, the rare birds are often the most sought after down-the-road. I think we're starting to see this uptick with older Teslas that are no longer made. You don't have to personally agree or like the color yourself but that's just how it's always worked and will continue to work regardless of if you personally want one or not.

Up for the weekend
---------------------
re: ostsac , yes more than happy to refund as soon as you return them :cool:

You sold me gen 1 TPMS as gen 2 which I NEVER would have bought had you been honest with what you were selling upfront. You then chose to ignore me for well over a month when I brought this "error" to your attention privately. You've done some serious mental gymnastics via PM to try to make it seem like I've done something wrong here but these are the facts of the matter that's undeniable.

Over a month ago I gave you the benefit of the doubt & brought the "error" to your attention thinking once you realized you screwed up you'd apologize for your mistake & refund my money. That's what a man of his word would do. Over a month later & not only do I get no apology but you're still telling me what to do if I want a refund. You want ME to pay for shipping to return the item you so that you have the money AND the sensors? No way. That's not how this works. I told you to refund my payment & include extra to cover shipping & I'd invest even more of my time into this cluster that YOU created to get the unusable item back to you. That wasn't good enough though. You asked me if I'd drop ship them to a new buyer if you sold them again. Sure I said even though I shouldn't have to wait for YOU to sell them again to get my money back.

Fast forward a month & you haven't done a damn thing. No refund & not even a listing to at least pretend that you're actively trying to get my money back for me. I PM you after waiting weeks & you ignore me. You post here looking for a $60k car & still you ignore my private messages. Clearly making this right when YOU screwed up is not a priority.

I gave you WAY more than enough time & was patient for weeks but when I saw you post publicly (again) that you were still looking to spend $60k on a car when you screwed me over I posted publicly to get your attention. Clearly you were ignoring your PMs so this was the only way I had to get your attention. It worked because you sent me a nasty PM calling me "pushy" for posting the truth about you publicly. Pushy? I've waited weeks for you to do something... Anything... To demonstrate good faith for what you did.

Like I said in the PMs, you may have accidentally sold me those TPMS in error (which I now highly doubt based on your unwillingness to make things right) but your reaction to the problem you created is no accident. You have had numerous opportunities over months to make this right & make good on your word & your actions are that of a thief who can't be trusted. After countless failed attempts politely asking for a refund via PM I warned that you weren't leaving me with any other option than to take it public to which you showed zero concern & basically told me where to go & how to get there. You brought this on yourself.

Now you want ME to pay out of pocket to ship these back to you & trust you'll refund me? Tell me, what exactly have you done to make me trust you enough to do something that stupid?

It's not even about the $87.50 anymore. You can keep it because you clearly need it more than I do. Now it's about the principal & I'll make it my mission to make sure that anyone who would consider dealing with you knows how you operate. If this is what your willing to do over $87.50 I can only imagine what you'd try to pull over a $60k transaction.

You conveniently left out the fact that you kept/used/stored them for 9 months before you finally contacted me.

Like I said, more than happy to refund just send them back and quit the long winded whining...

fwiw thanks for the thread bumps

You conveniently left out the fact that you kept/used/stored them for 9 months before you finally contacted me.

Like I said, more than happy to refund just send them back and quit the long winded whining...

fwiw thanks for the thread bumps
I also conveniently left out the fact that you tried blaming Tesla because it's irrelevant. You haven't denied the facts yet because you can't so you try to distract with irrelevant BS.

You're welcome. I'm sure you'll have great luck finding someone willing to conduct a $60k transaction with you now.

Free bump!