Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB/WTT - Model S Long Range AWD Black Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased what I *thought* would be my dream car - a 2016 Model S 90D - midnight gray metallic. It is a facelift model, with Autopilot HW 3.0, FSD and lifetime Premium Connectivity included. I bought it used from Tesla, before the warranty term shortened - so it's under warranty until September 2022 or 100k, whichever comes first (vehicle has 67k now). I had it upgraded to MCU2.0 immediately (paid out of pocket) after I made the purchase, but prior to driving for any appreciable time. The vehicle has every single option box ticked - NextGen seats, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, UHFD Sound, Subzero weather package, Bioweapon Defense Mode, Dark Ash wood interior, etc.

Here's the problem, and I know it's going to be a costly problem: I don't fit in the damn thing. I have a very long torso, and my head basically sits inside the pano roof. If I look left, I'm basically looking at the headliner. I've tried every seat configuration, and can't make it work. I think my issue was I originally drove a Model S with the old, more pancake style seats. Then I drove one with the newer, Tesla Premium seats. I don't know why, but it seemed like I fit with those - but not the nextgen seats.

While I was getting the MCU replaced, they gave me a Model 3 to drive as a loaner. I liked it much more. I realize it lacked features (air suspension, heated wheel, etc) that I have in the Model S, but I liked the way it drove more, and most of all I FIT IN IT. I had plenty of headroom, in every direction! I didn't mind at all the lack of the binnacle. I can deal with a trunk. Moral of the story is, I picked up my Model S, and immediately realized what I actually wanted, what fit me best, was a Model 3.

So, does anyone have a Model 3 LR AWD anywhere in Colorado they are looking to sell? Or perhaps looking to trade for a loaded, but older, Model S...?