Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X rims in the Gta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My collection of wheels/tires stashed in my storage rooms at work. I have room for one more set

Attachments

• IMG_5988.JPG
    IMG_5988.JPG
    326.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5989.JPG
    IMG_5989.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5995.JPG
    IMG_5995.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5991.JPG
    IMG_5991.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5993.JPG
    IMG_5993.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 64
I didn't pay it yet, figured I would ask here and call FedEx directly.

On a side note. Seems like not many winter tires in 265 45 20. 275 is no problem. Tesla also sold model X with 255 45 20. Basically it's not as wide a tire. There is a post on the forum where someone put 255 50 20, don't understand why he used 50 instead of 45.

I also noted tire spec is 108v for the fronts. I see a lot of 104v could that be unsafe?

What is everyone using with 20 inch rims?

Last edited:
I just ordered a set of studded Nokian Hakka 9's in 265/45/20 and 275/45/20 for my Slipstreams from Kal Tire. I swapped my stock Conti tires over to the grey TST 20" tires earlier this year.

Will have the Hakka 9's ready for winter travels thru the Sea to Sky highway and the Coquihalla for skiing and snowshoeing. For regular winter setup around town I use my set of gloss black TST 20" wheels and Pirelli Sottozeroes on the X.

How are the Pirelli scottozeroes? Like it better than Hakka R2?

R2 stick like glue in snow. The Sottozeroes are a performance winter tire and more for wet traction. The R2's are super soft on the dry and wear more quickly compared to the stiffer compound on Sottozeroes.

I have Continental DWS on right now for the S and will switch to my Sottozeroes on 21" Turbines next and then R2's for snow.

My X has the 22" Turbines with Pirelli Scorpions currently for the summer and I'll pop on 20" TST with stock Conti LX for roadtrips for better range and for winter I have 20" TST with Sottozeroes and finally the Nokian studded H9's on Slipstreams.

I just noticed the Tesla store has Sonic Carbon wheels and tires for $7455...that is a bit overpriced unless they are forged and different than the regular Slipstreams other than color.

Last edited:
I have a set of Sottozero IIs. I babied them through a winter and then bought a set of x-ice 3s. The Sottozero IIs are wet weather tires. They are NOT snow tires. The Sottozero IIIs look to have a more aggressive thread that might work on snow.

I agree...that's why the Nokians go on all my vehicles when the ice and snow lands. The Sottozeroes are good for the wet like I mentioned above and we do get lots of rain in the Lower Mainland of BC.

Hi, new member just ordered model x 100D. Plan on putting winter tires on stock rims. We use Michelin X ice on wife's Lexus. Anyone use them on Tesla's? How do you like them. Or recommend something else?

Also anyone have recommendations for aftermarket rim shops in the Gta. I will use stock tires on aftermarket rims. I would like lighter rims than stock.

Thanks
When I woke up this morning and my eyes were deceiving me, I read it as "Xmas in the GTA!' Lol!