TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

XPEL installers in south Michigan? Also, laser cut or custom?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Johnnymack2, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Johnnymack2

Johnnymack2 Member

Anyone know of any installers in south Michigan/Detroit? I have contacted a few, but wanted to see if there were additional options or recommendations.

Looking to do Full hood, front bumper, front fenders, and mirrors for now. And complete the wrap soon after (full doors, rear bumper, rear fenders, a-frame, and rockers. Quote for laser cut for stage 1 is $1,600. Is that about right?

Also, anyone have experience with the laser cut versus custom wrap? Does the laser cut wrap the edges at all, or stop at the edges?

2. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

They can tell the program to make the laser cut bigger so the edges can be wrapped. I would have the edges wrapped for the hood especially....

3. Johnnymack2

Johnnymack2 Member

Thanks. That's helpful. I want the edges wrapped. custom seems to be about 30% more, so it's helpful to know they can add to the laser pattern.