Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Prime XR Plus vs Prime XR vs Llumar stratos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't look like debris. There is a little debri particle, but that's different. The little dots through are still there after a few weeks and the film is blurry when I look at an angle, such as out to the side mirror

I just wanted to see if this is normal. I just had XPEL prime XR plus tint placed on my MX. There seems to be a haze/cloudy appearance when the sun is directly hitting the window. Enclosed is a picture of the passenger front window with XPEL prime XR plus 55. This is my first time tinting. Is this normal? Thanks...
@Simon21 @Logie mind sharing the shop? About to get my S tinted and wonder if it's the same shop since you both are in SoCal.

Bump - if anyone has any more thoughts on XR Prime vs. XR Plus. Bonus if you have thoughts on Socal shops too.

The best heat / IR rejecting window tint in the industry is Spectra Photosync IRD. Spectra PhotoSync IRD® | Prestige The IRD line of Spectra Photosync launched last year adn improved on what was already the top heat rejecting tint in the industry. We've done comparisons with all other other major bands and Photosync wins hands down. This is the only tint we apply to all the Supercars and Hypercars we work on.

In Socal, you have 3 Spectra Photosync IRD dealers. Two of them can do the front windshield in one piece.

Extreme Autowerks in Brea, Ca
https://www.extremeautowerks.net/

and

Monumental Workx
Window Tinting San Diego, Clear Bra, and San Diego Vinyl Wraps

I got a quote for Spectra IRD, here goes...

Sides and rear = $895+tax
Windshield = $395+tax
Glass roof = 595+tax
Total = $1,885 + 169.65 = $2,054.65

I was quoted $1,300 for Xpel Pro Plus and already have 3M Crystalline on my M3 that I paid $1,400 for everything installed.

I have not found any significant different in the heat rejection, IR, etc to justify a $550-$650 difference in cost and when I asked them about it, I was told that Xpel just reboxes Korean tint and the are just a good marketing company.

If that is all you have to overcome a PRICE objection, you probably need to revisit your own sales and marketing abilities...just sayin'!

I will not be using Spectra and cannot justify it based on my research of these 3 films (BTW, these are the BEST 3 on the market RN!)

Anyone else have anything to add...please do.

• Helpful
Reactions: lloyds
I got a quote for Spectra IRD, here goes...

Sides and rear = $895+tax
Windshield = $395+tax
Glass roof = 595+tax
Total = $1,885 + 169.65 = $2,054.65

I was quoted $1,300 for Xpel Pro Plus and already have 3M Crystalline on my M3 that I paid $1,400 for everything installed.

I have not found any significant different in the heat rejection, IR, etc to justify a $550-$650 difference in cost and when I asked them about it, I was told that Xpel just reboxes Korean tint and the are just a good marketing company.

If that is all you have to overcome a PRICE objection, you probably need to revisit your own sales and marketing abilities...just sayin'!

I will not be using Spectra and cannot justify it based on my research of these 3 films (BTW, these are the BEST 3 on the market RN!)

Anyone else have anything to add...please do.

UPDATE:

RPM Tesla in So Cal will do 3M Crystalline on EVERY window in your Tesla for $999 and for an additional $100, you get a warranty that if you get a fix it ticket for the front windows, they will replace for free. Best deal in town!