Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel XR Prime Plus vs Spectra Photosync

Clark_Kent

Jun 23, 2020
Smallville, KS
The sunroofs of the Teslas have an IR blocking coating that is extremely efficient at blocking UV and IR. Adding a layer of window film won't result in a noticeable difference. Don't confuse this with the side glass and back glass though. The factory darkened glass does not have that same coating as the roof does.
That hasn't been my experience. There's a demonstrable difference on the roof with a high performance film vs. no film.

Reactions: whisperingshad

Premiertint

Local Vendor - NorCal
Sep 6, 2018
El Dorado Hills , CA
This was using Xpel's highest performance feat blocking film, the Prime XR Plus series. It is comparable to the Crystyline and Spectra.

I had no intention of threadjacking here. I just wanted to show that Tesla has an IR blocker built into the sunroof glass of the Model 3.

Reactions: whisperingshad

jose_avi

May 13, 2021
Tacoma, WA
This was using Xpel's highest performance feat blocking film, the Prime XR Plus series. It is comparable to the Crystyline and Spectra.

I had no intention of threadjacking here. I just wanted to show that Tesla has an IR blocker built into the sunroof glass of the Model 3.
Did the front windshield have tint? Or was that factory? Was way less than direct sun from out the car

Apr 7, 2021
Inland Empire, California
Funny thing is between the roof without tint and taking short 10 minute walks on my breaks, I have noticed I'm burned a bit from shirt neckline up. Will be interesting to see after tint installed in a few weeks if this goes away. lol . Never had the issue before during walks for the last few years. I do definitely notice head in car when sitting in it( ac on like 69 or 70) and temp is in 80s or higher. I will let ya guys know.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC