Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y not? My experiment. Ordered 3 configs....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon the lame pun. Note the following are model y White, AWD, FSD, cash, no-trade in.
  • Order 1: Yes hitch & 19 inch Geminis:
    • Ordered mid-April 2020.
    • Zero communication (no email, sms, text)
    • Tesla dealership said "you'll get it in 2020"
  • Order 2: No hitch & 19-inch geminis
    • Ordered May 28th
    • Received a call on May 29th. Simple introduction (from LV call center) I'll be your advisor - 4 to 8 weeks, hopefully.
    • No vin
  • Order 3: No hitch & 20 inch induction
    • Ordered May 28th
    • No call, no sms, no email
    • Yes mvpa May 30th. Vin 88xx
    • Texted with chat, it's not built yet. No advisor (she assigned me one).

• upload_2020-5-30_19-54-13.png

I'm keeping all three orders open as I don't have a real preference between the cars and hope to buy another assuming things work out.

You'd think the communication would be more streamlined and consistent. Completely different between the three builds.

How soon do you think I'll get delivery of the car with mvpa? Anyone get a mvpa, vin, with a car which is not yet built?

Pardon the lame pun. Note the following are model y White, AWD, FSD, cash, no-trade in.
    • Ordered May 28th
    • Received a call on May 29th. Simple introduction (from LV call center) I'll be your advisor - 4 to 8 weeks, hopefully.
    • No vin
    • Ordered May 28th

I'm keeping all three orders open as I don't have a real preference between the cars and hope to buy another assuming things work out.

You'd think the communication would be more streamlined and consistent. Completely different between the three builds.

How soon do you think I'll get delivery of the car with mvpa? Anyone get a mvpa, vin, with a car which is not yet built?
I’m doing similar, going to order a 2nd one, MSM vice red - either is fine and MSM would save me $2K. Had it on my M3 previously w/white will go black this time. We’ll see!

where do you see expected time to get car. I don’t see anything on details of the order.

• Ordered May 28th
    • No vin
    • Ordered May 28th

Proof that Tesla needs to get it together when it comes to honoring reservations. I ordered a blue/white AWD w 20’s first week of feb and have nothing.

Upsetting to see people who’ve ordered months after me get their vins. I feel worse for those who ordered before me and are in the same boat.

Proof that Tesla needs to get it together when it comes to honoring reservations. I ordered a blue/white AWD w 20’s first week of feb and have nothing.

I assume they haven’t cancelled your reservation, so they are still honoring it.

If you are referring to pre-pandemic delivery estimates, what was promised when you ordered? IIRC, they gave no concrete estimates until recently.

I assume they haven’t cancelled your reservation, so they are still honoring it.

If you are referring to pre-pandemic delivery estimates, what was promised when you ordered? IIRC, they gave no concrete estimates until recently.

Pre/post pandemic is irrelevant. I’m referring the OP stating they May 28th and already assigned a VIN before someone who ordered four months prior. Makes zero sense and is poor customer service.

Are you insinuating that I should be happy they didn’t cancel my reservation? If so, that’s ultimate fanboy-ism.

Fact is a car purchase is a major deal for most people as it is the biggest purchase for most people outside a house. I hardly think it unreasonable to want some level of accountability through the process. I am well aware of the affects of a pandemic. But pandemic or not, I only think it proper customer service that people waiting further out receive their VIN/car prior to someone who ordered this last week.

Granted, the OP can blow $200 and not give a hoot, still poor customer service experience on a 50k+ purchase that they seem to be moving along while others are stagnant.

Pre/post pandemic is irrelevant. I’m referring the OP stating they May 28th and already assigned a VIN before someone who ordered four months prior. Makes zero sense and is poor customer service.

Are you insinuating that I should be happy they didn’t cancel my reservation? If so, that’s ultimate fanboy-ism.

Fact is a car purchase is a major deal for most people as it is the biggest purchase for most people outside a house. I hardly think it unreasonable to want some level of accountability through the process. I am well aware of the affects of a pandemic. But pandemic or not, I only think it proper customer service that people waiting further out receive their VIN/car prior to someone who ordered this last week.

Granted, the OP can blow $200 and not give a hoot, still poor customer service experience on a 50k+ purchase that they seem to be moving along while others are stagnant.

So, someone disagrees with you and you fill your response with glaring straw man arguments and then sweep everything under a convenient "fan boy" label. Good job.

Read your post before hitting the "post reply" button. You claimed that Tesla is not honoring a reservation. They neither cancelled nor reneged on a promised delivery date, so you are 100% wrong. I

f you meant to complain about others with more recent reservations getting their cars before you, get in line, I'm even deeper in that boat. While perplexing, I don't call that "poor customer service" because nothing was every promised to me regarding a timeline. Maybe I don't feel entitled like some folks here, sorry if that makes me a "fanboy".

• Love
Reactions: rxlawdude
So, someone disagrees with you and you fill your response with glaring straw man arguments and then sweep everything under a convenient "fan boy" label. Good job.

Read your post before hitting the "post reply" button. You claimed that Tesla is not honoring a reservation. They neither cancelled nor reneged on a promised delivery date, so you are 100% wrong. I

f you meant to complain about others with more recent reservations getting their cars before you, get in line, I'm even deeper in that boat. While perplexing, I don't call that "poor customer service" because nothing was every promised to me regarding a timeline. Maybe I don't feel entitled like some folks here, sorry if that makes me a "fanboy".

Your reading comprehension is horrific. I never said that, “Tesla is not honoring a reservation.”

I said that they had poor customer service because they don’t do their reservations In order. That’s like ordering food at a restaurant and watching people who ordered well after your table eat. You cool with that too?

Honoring a reservation and customer service are two totally different things to start.

It’s called reasonable expectations. It’s what I used to hold myself and others accountable when it comes to my professional and personal interactions.

Accountability is the reason I kick ass and take names when it comes to what I do and how I can afford a 50k+ car in the first place..

You logic is like saying you go to a car dealer, go through for the process of dealing with poor customer service. Receptionist ignores you, sales guy is a jackass, lady in finance is a total ice cold B, you watch two people who came after you get their deals done and when they finally bring you a car it’s there with paint issues and panel misalignments. But one should just be happy they didn’t cancel the deal in the first place?

Nope fanboy (you called yourself fanboy by agreeing to my statement #selfinflicted), you may tolerate that lack of accountability, but not me. Dealers would be out of business if they didn’t make the process of ripping people off somewhat pleasant. Standards are good.

I also agree with the post above. Good on you OP for financing this experiment and posting results.

Improving customer service is never a bad thing.

Your reading comprehension is horrific. I never said that, “Tesla is not honoring a reservation.”

I said that they had poor customer service because they don’t do their reservations In order. That’s like ordering food at a restaurant and watching people who ordered well after your table eat. You cool with that too?

Honoring a reservation and customer service are two totally different things to start.

It’s called reasonable expectations. It’s what I used to hold myself and others accountable when it comes to my professional and personal interactions.

Accountability is the reason I kick ass and take names when it comes to what I do and how I can afford a 50k+ car in the first place..

You logic is like saying you go to a car dealer, go through for the process of dealing with poor customer service. Receptionist ignores you, sales guy is a jackass, lady in finance is a total ice cold B, you watch two people who came after you get their deals done and when they finally bring you a car it’s there with paint issues and panel misalignments. But one should just be happy they didn’t cancel the deal in the first place?

Nope fanboy (you called yourself fanboy by agreeing to my statement #selfinflicted), you may tolerate that lack of accountability, but not me. Dealers would be out of business if they didn’t make the process of ripping people off somewhat pleasant. Standards are good.

I also agree with the post above. Good on you OP for financing this experiment and posting results.

Improving customer service is never a bad thing.

I have to say, I agree. This is not to say, someone else can't feel differently. I want an EV. At the moment Tesla make the best in class EV. I plunked down $2500 last November, and I don't think it's unreasonable to think that $ bought me something. Some would say it's smart, pure capitalism to sell the the highest bidder. I say, it's smart business to build a relationship and a reputation to sustain you when someone with good CS and QC catch up. Sure, they can do what they want. I'm not going to join some silly campaign telling Tesla how to sell car, how to prioritize their sales, but I can choose how to spend my $$. At the moment, I am waiting to hear from Tesla that my car is ready, but have not doubts, if it's a sophisticated EV with crap QC. I will tell them to keep it. Simple business decision.

Now, what if Tesla, sent me email, kissed my ass to get my $55k. Kept me appraised of the status of my order, I would cut them some slack. This is not a question of fanboy vs critical consumer. This is delivering a product worthy of my hard earned money. So Tesla go ahead, and treat every transaction as it serves you best. Just understand that earning good faith has a price and definitely a reward. Some day, the shoe will be on the other foot, and if I can buy a Lexus EV, I know they will value me as a customer, do you?

If lots of people did multiple orders, with the intention of cancelling all but one of them, that might cause additional chaos in Tesla's delivery system. Then they would be blaming Tesla for delays, when the true cause was not from Tesla but from customers with no intention of taking delivery of what they ordered.

Reactions: db93

I stopped reading after this, because I couldn't stop laughing. Here is your quote:

Let me repeat that to help with your "horrendous reading comprehension":

Read it slowly, then maybe you'll get it. You then went on in an entirely different direction about the date orders were placed.

Tesla IS honoring its reservations. Where have they not done so? When I placed my $2500 reservation for my Model Y, back in July, the website said "Model Y production beginning late 2020". Orders placed since then have given more specific timelines, none of which has been passed as yet.

I can see that you have a sense of entitlement. So tell me, what... exactly... is it that Tesla isn't honoring in your case? Express yourself clearly this time before you "reply to thread".

I stopped reading after this, because I couldn't stop laughing. Here is your quote:

Read it slowly, then maybe you'll get it. You then went on in an entirely different direction about the date orders were placed.

Tesla IS honoring its reservations. Where have they not done so? When I placed my $2500 reservation for my Model Y, back in July, the website said "Model Y production beginning late 2020". Orders placed since then have given more specific timelines, none of which has been passed as yet.

I can see that you have a sense of entitlement. So tell me, what... exactly... is it that Tesla isn't honoring in your case? Express yourself clearly this time before you "reply to thread".
Ganga dude is another regular of the malcontent contingent.

Ganga dude is another regular of the malcontent contingent.

No doubt, and there are a lot of them. I don't want to take that away from any of them, as the issues described are real, even if overblown. Some people are just way more A/R about things. Believe me, I FEEL that frustration too. I'm no fanboy or pushover, and I try and look at the whole picture. In the end, this craziness with Tesla's ordering system doesn't even warrant another nano-second of angst once you drive these cars. Suddenly, it just doesn't matter anymore.

Reactions: rxlawdude

Take your own advice and re-read (very very slowly) my comment you quoted. I never said they weren’t honoring their reservations.

Needing to get it together when honoring and not honoring are two totally different statements within the English language.Again, I never said the latter.

The fact you view what I wrote as the same context as not honoring only exemplifies the fact that your reading comprehension is in fact horrific.

The fact you quoted me TWICE but still don’t comprehend the words is pure comedy. Go get a dictionary.

Where did I say they weren’t honoring their reservations? Misquoting someone twice doesn’t magically change the context. Your critics thinking skills are quite garbage along with reading comprehension.

The only entitled person here is you.

RXLAWDUDE just has his knickers in a twist because we had a disagreement on bringing people back to work with COVID. He wants to starve families by preventing them the dignity to work because keeping his family safe is more important than workers feeding families. He doesn’t care for my logic either.

I see poorly educated people stick together. You make a cute couple.

Last edited:
RXLAWDUDE doesn't suffer fools gladly. That's it.

Neither does DANDREWK, especially ones that deny writing something when the direct evidence proves the exact opposite is true, and then spends and entire post flaming reality.

Hmmm, that sounds a lot like someone we know who is in the constant public spotlight. Whatever, I'm done with him.

@sirpumpkin, sorry for hijacking your thread. Please keep us up to date with your "experiment" as it is very interesting.

Reactions: Ihdiot