Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Self Install of the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to this whole cam thing....I got a few ??

1. Does the camera record nonstop 24/7 or does it inky record while the car is on?

2. If you have a hotspot or a wifi the cam can access, does that mean via iPhone you can see live streaming from another location?

1. Does the camera record nonstop 24/7 or does it inky record while the car is on?

2. If you have a hotspot or a wifi the cam can access, does that mean via iPhone you can see live streaming from another location?

1) It depends on how you wire it. If the camera only gets power while the car is on then it will record when the power is on. If the camera gets power all the time, it will record while driving and when motion is detected while parked.

2) Yup

The camera will record when it sees movement in its field of view or when it feels vibration/impact.
In both situations you can adjust the sensitivity.

We have our 650S-2ch hard wired in (no need for the Power Magic Pro in our 2017 MS) and keep it on 24/7. You have a number of options in software for how and what to record. I'd suggest reading through dashcam manuals of products you are considering before buying to see if the dashcam records and saves like you think or hope it will. Sometimes you will notice compromises are made in recording to microSDcard on units where FHD is employed (due to large file sizes and how things are compressed). You'll probably find that no solution is 100% perfect, so it's feature/price and sometimes even price doesn't get you what you want.

• Informative
Reactions: smilepak