Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke horn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking this thread back up now Elon has confirmed that cars built Nov 2021 and later will have the airbag horn actived later by a software update.

Question for those folks with cars built Nov 2021 or later; can you feel any give in the airbag area at all that would indicate there's a button of some kind there? Forgive my ignorance as I'm not entirely sure how this horn 'buttton' functions. I have a car built late (I presume) Oct 2021 so curious to know if there's a way to know if I'll get it (short of waiting!). I feel no give in the airbag area :(

Picking this thread back up now Elon has confirmed that cars built Nov 2021 and later will have the airbag horn actived later by a software update.

Question for those folks with cars built Nov 2021 or later; can you feel any give in the airbag area at all that would indicate there's a button of some kind there? Forgive my ignorance as I'm not entirely sure how this horn 'buttton' functions. I have a car built late (I presume) Oct 2021 so curious to know if there's a way to know if I'll get it (short of waiting!). I feel no give in the airbag area :(
No. They are all solid. Even new ones.

• Informative
Reactions: scrapps
So does anyone know if pre-Nov 2021 refresh Model S with yoke get this in a software update or are we sol?
I think some of those cars were subject to an airbag recall. It's currently unknown if the unit they replaced it with will have the hardware. I'm wondering if I have the newer hardware as I didn't have an airbag recall, but my car was built (I believe) in the latter half of October.