Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You just can't win (trying to manage delivery dates)

mrwug

Jul 30, 2021
Colorado
I placed my order on 7/27, completed my profile a day later. Had an EDD of mid to late October when it occurred to me that my current car wouldn't be paid off 'til December. Consequently, I put my order on hold, telling my SA that I'd like to shoot for a January delivery. Last Friday, he gave me a call, suggesting that it was probably time to remove my hold given that the website had been estimating a January delivery for new orders for a week or so.

Since taking the order off hold, I've been checking my order status daily looking to see where it would land. Today it finally came up with Nov 9-29! So much for managing the delivery date. 🤪 At this point, I'm kinda done with trying to control when it arrives. I'll just double down on car payments for a month and quench my gearlust two months sooner.

Just kinda funny that with all the craziness on lead times, you can't even get what you hoped for when you try to delay delivery! I guess it's back to tracking my EDD. :)

mf68859

Apr 13, 2021
Arlington texas
I did my model y long range at about the same time that you did and so far I’ve had 3 different delivery dates 11/2 to 11/29
11/12 to 12/2, January deliver, and today back to 11/2 to 11/29😯

Reactions: mrwug

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC