Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtube Tesla Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean... honestly none of his points were really invalid, and many were positive. Many of us here would agree with them.

Of the "negative"/honest points,
  • Like the customer experience issues? Yeah. We pretty much all went through that.
  • Only 15-20 minutes of face time with a Tesla rep to walk through the car? I got zero. Having any face time is a relatively new program here, and they're trying to rely on local Tesla groups to do this for them instead.
  • Communication issues with mobile service? Every fricking time.
  • Sometimes the phone key doesn't work? Yepp, we pretty much all know that one too (but hey, at least Linus knew he could tap with NFC to force it to work!)
  • Does everyone still want one anyway, to the point where he'll still buy one for his in-laws despite not liking much of Tesla's business? Yepp. I'm even in that bucket.
It was a nice, not-hyped take on a Tesla review from a relatively average person (not an EV/Tesla fan). Genuinely not something I've seen a lot of. This guy doesn't even do car reviews, which I think is actually a benefit since so many people are just commuters that don't review cars.

For some additional context: this guy owns a Chevy Volt (yes, with a V), and has two employees (I think) with Teslas as well. They're from the same province I am, which might explain delivery issues that I agree with if you don't... it's a mess here to this day.

I can't stand linus's whiny little voice. Sometimes his tech reviews are pretty good, as long as the word apple is not in them. What I find odd is that there are literally hundreds, perhaps thousands of better tesla videos out there - why'd you pick this one to post about? Work for him perhaps?

Maybe they picked it because LTT is an enormously popular YouTube channel with a broad audience, unlike most Tesla review videos.

OP states their location as the USA. LTT is in Canada. OP could be a location-lying employee, or just one of their millions of viewers thought to post it here.

Reactions: sduck
I mean... honestly none of his points were really invalid, and many were positive. Many of us here would agree with them.

Of the "negative"/honest points,
  • Like the customer experience issues? Yeah. We pretty much all went through that.
  • Only 15-20 minutes of face time with a Tesla rep to walk through the car? I got zero. Having any face time is a relatively new program here, and they're trying to rely on local Tesla groups to do this for them instead.
  • Communication issues with mobile service? Every fricking time.
  • Sometimes the phone key doesn't work? Yepp, we pretty much all know that one too (but hey, at least Linus knew he could tap with NFC to force it to work!)
  • Does everyone still want one anyway, to the point where he'll still buy one for his in-laws despite not liking much of Tesla's business? Yepp. I'm even in that bucket.

* What kind of CX issues? Haven't had much - one miscommunication pre-delivery on our X, but otherwise has been quite good.
* We're in a pandemic. I can't fault them for that. When I picked up my Model 3 P.C. (pre-Covid - April 2019), my delivery rep spent an entire hour going through the entire car with us. Fantastic. Our X was this past June and we got only a few minutes with the person doing the PDI. That was fine since we were already owners and didn't need any real hand-holding.
* Mobile service - my service center is great about texting me about 48 hours before any appointment to check in and make sure we have what we need. Haven't had a mobile service appointment yet; so can't speak on that behalf. Only SC appointments.
* Phone key - yep. 100% agreed. I especially hate on it because we have two cars; if I'm "swiped" into the wrong one, phone key is useless. Stupid design. Needs to be fixed.
* Still want one? Oh heck yeah.

I can't stand linus's whiny little voice. Sometimes his tech reviews are pretty good, as long as the word apple is not in them. What I find odd is that there are literally hundreds, perhaps thousands of better tesla videos out there - why'd you pick this one to post about? Work for him perhaps?
Never posted a single message or post on request of a business, if your boss is asking to promote a business in some way using your internet accounts they enslave you, trying to use your personal identity and reputation for their own benefit, I dont know why most people have not guts to say f you to such people.

Anyway, the reason I posted it here:
a. I feel that this review is balanced
b. He is well known person and not trying to get referrals for 1000 free SC miles like most other reviewers

I just watched the video. Overall my opinion is that they were pretty fair. Like all reviews, you only get a piece of the information, and not the whole story (good or bad). I believe they were absolutely right about some things, and somewhat wrong about others, but overall they were reasonable.

One pet peeve, however, and I've heard this repeatedly elsewhere is them stating that "autopilot" shouldn't be called that because it misrepresents the car's ability (at present). I never understood this objection. First, its a NAME, maybe if they spelled it OttoPilot people would stop complaining. Second, autopilot in an airplane (which is where the term comes from, as far as I know) DOES NOT allow the pilot to go to sleep, or go enjoy a meal in the galley. The MUST stay in their seat, buckled up, and paying attention to the operation of the autopilot as well as the rest of the plane. Hmmm...Sound familiar?

• Funny
Reactions: Dre78
The original thread title posted was clickbaity as well ("finally an honest tesla review?") which is why I changed it to what it actually is ("Youtube tesla review").
That's not up to you to decide how I suppose to name the thread as long as I dont break any rules. This is personal perception how I feel about this review and name the thread. You are trying to alter someones else point of view.

The name of the thread lost its expression and doesn't make any sense. You are working in opposite direction, normally moderator on a forum has to (help to) add details and identities to thread name, not remove them. To make it clearer instead of "I have a problem with left blinker" you renamed it to "I have a problem".

• Disagree
Reactions: dmurphy
That's not up to you to decide how I suppose to name the thread as long as I dont break any rules. This is personal perception how I feel about this review and name the thread. You are trying to alter someones else point of view.

The name of the thread lost its expression and doesn't make any sense. You are working in opposite direction, normally moderator on a forum has to (help to) add details and identities to thread name, not remove them. To make it clearer instead of "I have a problem with left blinker" you renamed it to "I have a problem".

Thats a somewhat fair point. The original title was clickbait for sure, not much different than "You will be amazed at what we found!" but I can understand part of the point you are making here. I disagree with your characterization however. I didnt rename it from "I have a problem with left blinker" to "I have a problem"

I renamed it from "You wont believe what happened to my car?" to " Problem with blinker".

It didnt lose anything, really, because the post is about a youtube tesla review. your characterization of "finally an honest review" is not any more descriptive of what it is than mine. I would be willing to change it to "Tesla model 3 review by Linus Tech Tips" though, which is an accurate description of what it actually is. If you would prefer that title I can go with that.

Reactions: Phlier and Dre78