Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zenn highway car powered by EEstor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new article on Wired.com is about EEStor.
So Zenn's core business, to paraphrase words you used earlier, is now fully "EEStor hype maintenance." In July they got a cool $9M to do it. Good for Ian Clifford, but what about wider implications?
I am a bit concerned about public perception about cleantech, when this setup eventually implodes. Hopefully, those involved learn a few lessons about due diligence and that will be the end of it.

Whatever profits their share of EEstor generates would belong to common shareholders, so it all depends on how much he owns or has vested. It's beside the point anyway, because there will be no such profit generated. This thing was so obviously shady way back in 2006 its amazing to me that it has aged this well.

Whatever profits their share of EEstor generates would belong to common shareholders, so it all depends on how much he owns or has vested. It's beside the point anyway, because there will be no such profit generated. This thing was so obviously shady way back in 2006 its amazing to me that it has aged this well.

And I was thinking of buying some stock. Seriously.

I mean, what if...?

@vfx my personal view is that it just doesn't fit the profile of well meaning scientists working hard to make something happen. The obfuscation and nonsense over 6 years fits a pattern that would imply that it is categorically not going to succeed. Therefore the p variable in your expected value is zero. Its your money so go right ahead.

@vfx its a shame because it would truly change everything, but alas that is the basis of most cons. And honestly I think that Clifford at ZENN was just ignorant and once he was committed he really couldn't gracefully back out. I don't think he meant to deceive anyone at first.

Reminder of EEstor thread:
EEstor ultra-capacitors

Years go by as we wait for the 'breakthrough' to amount to something...

Seems that Zenn and EEstor are 'joined at the hip'.
I was just noticing this:
ZENN Motor Company Announces Alignment of Compensation With Technology Developments - Yahoo! Finance
...TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 12, 2011) - ZENN Motor Company Inc. ("ZMC" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:ZNN - News), announces that the Company has granted options to James Kofman in lieu of monetary compensation for his role as Interim CEO. Mr. Kofman has agreed to take no cash compensation from the Company for his current role and instead will be granted options to purchase 250,000 common shares. Mr. Kofman has further agreed that none of the options will vest unless and until there is a public announcement from the Company's partner EEStor Inc. showing significant progress in its technology development...

Seems like a somewhat bizarre arrangement.

More of nothing still equals nothing.

Talk about a longshot bet...that's another 1/2 million for ZENN.

ZENN was the car that got me interested in electric cars. The fact that it was a NEV got me interested in other electric cars.

ZENN probably would have been better off looking at conventional tech rather than waiting. By the time EEStor is ready (assuming it will ever be) the conventional tech would have surpassed it in specs already.