Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Old” 2015 MS 19 snow package on Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Guys, I’m wondering if my snow package from my previous 2015 model S will work on the my 2022 plaid? If not, I might give them to my wife who has a new model Y it might work on that? Sorry I could be googling a lot of these answers but you guys are so good. I figured a quick question or two would go along ways. Thank you, gentlemen and ladies that may be here!

I used old quotes because the car looked like brand new when I traded it in! I’m still wondering why I got rid of it. Unlimited supercharging…gone! 😱

OK Tesla got back to me and said my 19 inch 2015-based package should work fine on the plaid. Very happy about that. :)

They will fit as in you can put them on, but and however they are not as wide and not meant for the Palladium model suspension and handle the geometry.

IMHO, I would definitely not do it.

Assuming you have the Cyclome rims, their specs are: Size: 19x8.0" and Offset: +35.

New 19" Tesla Model S Cardenio Aero Wheel are Size: 19x9.5" Front, 19x10.5" Rear and Offset: +40 Front, +45 Rear

You can find the specs of both wheels from here:
The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide
The Tesla Model S Long Range & Plaid Wheel Guide (Jun 2021 - Present)

I'd do it, if you aren't dumb enough to push snow tires as hard as either sport tires or wider sport tires. P85+, P85D, P90D(?) all used to offer both staggered (20mm larger rear 265) and square (245 all around). I'd think the big issue would be wheel spin, but Tesla's torque-vectoring will effectively know you have less grip. Chat says Plaids fit 255-305 widths (no 245, as common to Model S), with rears always 20-30mm wider. That's a serious "Note to self" before hitting a ramp or making a rapid lane change, on 245 X-ice, etc.

Reactions: easyev
why did you lose free supercharging? you know Tesla is offering to transfer it to a new S,X,Y if purchased by end of year?
Because I bought a 2022 used. It was optioned out exactly how I wanted it white interior, nice exterior colour, and 21s. I saved about $30,000 over a new 2023 at the time time. I only supercharge a few times a year so I didn’t think it was a big big deal but I still miss it. Like many of us probably just for the point of it! My dad said “you can never sell that car.” It was nice but the Plaid is another level.

Reactions: gaswalla