Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“Ready to Charge. Check Power Source”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7DE17ABC-6FAF-4F1E-A607-69BB1CF3E69E.jpeg
Has anyone seen this message on your Tesla app?

I left my 85D plugged into the UMC on a 110v socket. Checked my app and battery was full but showed this message? Anyone have experience with this message?

I’m on vacation so not around to see if the circuit breaker has been tripped.

View attachment 398359 Has anyone seen this message on your Tesla app?

I left my 85D plugged into the UMC on a 110v socket. Checked my app and battery was full but showed this message? Anyone have experience with this message?

I’m on vacation so not around to see if the circuit breaker has been tripped.

Normally I will see red light on your UMC or HPWC ..can be breaker tripped or in case of HPWC u can hit reset button ..basically ur car isn’t going to charge until u reset the UMC :(

OK so now I suddenly got this message when plugged in and charging my new 2019 MS100D. The red light blinks 7 times. Manual says that the cable may need to be replaced. BUT...the cable charges my 2014 MS just fine. The 2019 car won't charge even at the local destination Tesla charger down the street. I figure it must be the on board charger.

Anyone have any advice before I give it up to service for who knows how long?

Thanks!

Ron

OK so now I suddenly got this message when plugged in and charging my new 2019 MS100D. The red light blinks 7 times. Manual says that the cable may need to be replaced. BUT...the cable charges my 2014 MS just fine. The 2019 car won't charge even at the local destination Tesla charger down the street. I figure it must be the on board charger.

Thanks!

Ron

There is thread here about gen 1 HPWCs having compatibility issues with newer mcu2 cars .. a few of us got new gen 2 WCs out of this ..the reason why the destination WC doesn’t work is most likely gen 1

...NEMA 15-50 plug. Instead it has the adaptor pictured above. What the heck is that for? How do I plug in with that?

Tesla does not make adapters for NEMA 15-50 that looks like below:

7267.jpg

The one in your hand is NEMA 14-50 which is very common in RV parks.

However, it is for Gen2 mobile connector unit. It does not plug into your older Gen1 mobile connector unit.

Gen1 and Gen2 NEMA 14-50 all connect fine to your wall outlet but Gen1 and Gen2 mobile units are not interchangeable. Gen2 adapters have a tail, Gen1 adapters have pins and no tail.

Thanks!

Ron

A couple of us have had a plastic tip from the car's charger port break off inside the connector handle. The car with the broken plastic charges fine because it has the empty space for it. But the handle won't fit all the way into any other car because the plastic piece stops it. I couldn't charge a loaner Tesla because of this. Check the end of the handle and see if you can see a blockage.

I am using the UMC supplied with the 2014 car. Tried 2 different ones, both olderView attachment 429663 .
BTW, the new 2019 car came with a UMC but does not have the adaptor to connect with my NEMA 15-50 plug. Instead it has the adaptor pictured above. What the heck is that for? How do I plug in with that?

Your 2019 car should have come with a generation 2 UMC that the picture adapter can plug into. Gen 1 and Gen 2 UMCs are different and have different adapters.