Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 performance on m3p?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an opportunity to quickly test 0-60 on the car to see what times were but getting like 4+ seconds? Anyone managed to get ~3.2? Tyres at 2.9bar per the manufacturer label. This was also while driving for about 30 mins so would have thought battery would have warmed up enough? Disabled Obstacle Aware Acceleration, and acceleration is on Sport, I had it going in to SC anyway so have added this to be looked at but curious if I am not doing something I should be?

It is possible that the wrong software has been loaded on to the car. I remember reading reports of some Performance models coming with the AWD software. Your times seem more consistent with that.

Is it the Performance or Performance -?

What are you using the measure your time?

You are fine. 4 is totally reasonable depending on the circumstances. Some things to consider.
- What was your charge level? Max power is at ~90% and drops (IMHO too much) as charge drops
- What was your measuring device for the 4 seconds. Timing with a stopwatch ...nah as we are, well, human. Timing with an iPhone drag app...nah as the GPS is only 1HZ which means 1 update per second or plus or minus up to a second (don't let their interpretive claims fool you). Dragy 10 hz GPS - ok you've got something there.
- What this from a dig or from a 1 foot roll-out? Tesla's 3.2 claim is for a 1 ft rollout which can easily subtract a few tenths from a dig.

It is possible that the wrong software has been loaded on to the car. I remember reading reports of some Performance models coming with the AWD software. Your times seem more consistent with that.

Is it the Performance or Performance -?

What are you using the measure your time?
I read about this before but when I hit Tesla logo it shows my dual motor read sign and the 20 inch alloys so assume the right settings were applied?

You are fine. 4 is totally reasonable depending on the circumstances. Some things to consider.
- What was your charge level? Max power is at ~90% and drops (IMHO too much) as charge drops
- What was your measuring device for the 4 seconds. Timing with a stopwatch ...nah as we are, well, human. Timing with an iPhone drag app...nah as the GPS is only 1HZ which means 1 update per second or plus or minus up to a second (don't let their interpretive claims fool you). Dragy 10 hz GPS - ok you've got something there.
- What this from a dig or from a 1 foot roll-out? Tesla's 3.2 claim is for a 1 ft rollout which can easily subtract a few tenths from a dig.

Haha... My quartz/satellite accurate mouth...

Sorry have no idea what a foot roll out is, I simply spanked the accelerator when the car was in hold. I thought releasing hold might add some latency so I changed it to roll mode so as soon as I release the brake pedal no brakes are applied didn't make a difference

I'll try again whenever the next opportunity would be where I can get 90% battery! Thanks guys

Sorry have no idea what a foot roll out is,

Basically, they don't start the watch until the car has been moving a foot - so not a true standing start, unlike how the other Model 3 versions were measured, which were standing start timings, apparently.

Not a complete con though, some merit in doing its and fairly common practice to standardise timings. Something to do with there being some difficulty ensuring an exact 0 at the right point at the timing beam at start of the run which having the car rolling avoids. It does flatter the time slightly, but only if comparing against true standing start. If everyone measured the same, not a problem for like for like comparisons. I heard someone say it was worth a tenth or so on M3P vs true standing start.

The Importance of 'Rollout'

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeInFL
Basically, they don't start the watch until the car has been moving a foot - so not a true standing start, unlike how the other Model 3 versions were measured, which were standing start timings, apparently.

Not a complete con though, some merit in doing its and fairly common practice to standardise timings. Something to do with there being some difficulty ensuring an exact 0 at the right point at the timing beam at start of the run which having the car rolling avoids. It does flatter the time slightly, but only if comparing against true standing start. If everyone measured the same, not a problem for like for like comparisons. I heard someone say it was worth a tenth or so on M3P vs true standing start.

The Importance of 'Rollout'

Ah thanks for that!

Take it out of “chill”.

Yes.... :D