TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

0 to 60 on a 2015 85D?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mbhforum, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I purchased a 2015 85D CPO from Tesla back in January and I noticed the CPO ads for the same model now mention a 5.2 0-60 time. I am not sure if they had that listed when I purchased mine. I always though my car did 0-60 in 4.2 until I happened to stumble on one of the CPO listings. Today, I decided to test it out, and my stopwatch from my iPhone came back at 4.35. Granted, I did this myself, so it's not a true/real test, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.

2. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

3. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

4. mylake

mylake Member

I don't have the link handy but one poster here filmed his 2015 85D at a local drag strip. He ran 28 consecutive runs and ranged from 3.7 to 4.2 seconds for 0-60 times. Seemed like he averaged 3.9 when SOC was around 85% and up. His slower times of 4.2 came when he was about 75% or so. I believe his overall average was like 3.956.

5. Piney999

Piney999 Member

3.7secs on an 85D!! Wow, that is fast! is the 90D faster?

6. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

The 85D's originally ran 5.2, but a later software update improved that to 4.2. I still see CPO specs listing the old numbers though.

7. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks. You would think Tesla would want to advertise the faster numbers...glad my car is still faster than the model 3!

8. whitex

whitex Active Member

With Tesla changing the cards every 2 weeks, their systems are setup to list the specs with which the cars were sold. This performance upgrade came over-the-air at a later time.

• Love x 1
  9. mylake

mylake Member

Out of the 28 runs, he hit 3.7 only once. But he had a decent amount of 3.8s. Not sure about the 90D.

10. zackmilo

zackmilo 2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

Assume it may be 0.1 secs faster than 85D