Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

05/16 build date P90D with 105 battery pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been researching the archives about the potential issues on these early models, & under most circumstances, I wouldn't consider it. Only reason I'm considering purchasing this vehicle is because it's being offered by the original owner, who's a close friend/customer, at a very good price, & I've known the vehicle from new. He's also letting me take it for a few days in order to evaluate it. I'm charging it to 100% as I type this so that I can see what sort of range it shows.

I'd be replacing an EV6 if I decide to move forward. So I know I'm going to lose some range & charging speed. I just need to figure out if I can live with the tradeoff. I need the additional space, & a newer X isn't an option from a budget standpoint. I don't mind the little stuff that can go wrong with these cars. I own an auto repair shop. So I can fix it as long as Tesla will sell me parts. However, I need the big stuff to hold out for the next 5 years or so.

Although I've been reading the archives, I have to admit that I don't understand some of what I'm reading. Is there any sort of FAQ that will define acronyms, & tell me how to navigate the touchscreen to find the various things being referenced?

Also, I need help figuring out what battery pack I have. I've seen threads defining the various 90 kW battery pack part numbers as 106 - V1, 107 - V2, & 108 - V3. However, the part number prefix on this vehicle's battery pack is 105. What battery pack is this, & is it as problematic as the 106 packs?

Point of reference, my 05/16 build 90D with the "105" battery is at 230 miles (@100%). But, I have ~73k miles. Also interesting that yours has never been on a SC, yet it should have free lifetime unlimited super charging.