Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85 Battery Pack Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some data on the various revisions of the 85kwh packs used in the early cars but I can't find it any concise summaries. I know the basic things like the T15 means it was built in 2015 and an R means it was refurbished but I can't seem to find any concise information on what changed between the A and E packs. My battery is T15A006*** and 1031043-00-E that was put into my December 2014 build p85d as a replacement shortly after it was delivered. It was a new pack.

Is the 'E' pack preferable to other variants? What were the changes? What is the 'best' 85 pack? What got 'better' about the 90 and 100 packs besides more range?

If anyone needs a bonus question, why can't a 100 pack go into the earlier cars? I've read it has to do with weight, suspension and airbag deployment (related to the vehicle mass) but sounds like Tesla BS. If I put a 200 pound passenger in my car, the systems don't suddenly fail under the extra weight. Are the rapid connections different or in different places? Thanks for helping me become an internet forum know-it-all! The world needs more of us!! :)

From @wk057 this might help with the second part. Tesla Model S/X Battery Upgrade Compatibility
This one does suggest a 100 pack would be possible in my p85d which makes sense intuitively. I do have air suspension which should be able to handle the extra weight better. I would be curious if I can just drop it in like a 90 pack is supposed to just drop in or if it takes coding sorcery to make it work.