Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PW2 got an update to 1.36.0 (from 1.34.3) yesterday. Now, I notice that the Grid Code from the Web UI Summary page is empty. Is anyone seeing this too?

Attachments

• Grid Code.png
    Grid Code.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Informative
Reactions: PBBear
Has anyone noticed changes in TBC-Balanced behavior? I noticed since receiving 1.36.1 (and maybe 1.36.0) that my Powerwalls no longer discharge down to the reserve. I currently have the reserve set to 30% and the Powerwalls used to power the house until 3 am. Over the last few days, they stopped powering the house when they got to 37%, around 9 pm.

Has anyone noticed changes in TBC-Balanced behavior? I noticed since receiving 1.36.1 (and maybe 1.36.0) that my Powerwalls no longer discharge down to the reserve. I currently have the reserve set to 30% and the Powerwalls used to power the house until 3 am. Over the last few days, they stopped powering the house when they got to 37%, around 9 pm.
I am on 1.35.2 still (TBC-Balanced) and the PW stopped powering at 25-29% with reserve at 20%. Never gets close to reserve. NEVER discharges off-peak 11pm-7am.

Last edited:
I am on 1.35.2 still (TBC-Balanced) and the PW stopped powering at 25-29% with reserve at 20%. Never gets close to reserve. My NEVER discharges off-peak 11pm-7am.
I've fudged my "shoulder" period so that my Powerwalls intentionally power the house about 22 hours a day. Up until I got 1.36.0 (or 1.36.1), the Powerwalls would power the house right up until 3 am every morning, as desired. My Powerwalls never discharge in the off-peak period either, but I currently only have that set for a couple hours per day.

Now, it's almost like they are using the actual peak/shoulder/off-peak times instead of what I have it programmed to do as it stops around 9 pm when the shoulder rate actually ends. Maybe that's just a coincidence. However, things aren't working as they have for the past 8 months and I didn't make any changes to my TBC-balanced schedule.

As many others have requested, I hope they come up with a "Scheduled Self-Production" mode. As it is now, we have to use TBC with "different" peak/shoulder/off-peak schedules to power the house as desired.

I've fudged my "shoulder" period so that my Powerwalls intentionally power the house about 22 hours a day. Up until I got 1.36.0 (or 1.36.1), the Powerwalls would power the house right up until 3 am every morning, as desired. My Powerwalls never discharge in the off-peak period either, but I currently only have that set for a couple hours per day.

Now, it's almost like they are using the actual peak/shoulder/off-peak times instead of what I have it programmed to do as it stops around 9 pm when the shoulder rate actually ends. Maybe that's just a coincidence. However, things aren't working as they have for the past 8 months and I didn't make any changes to my TBC-balanced schedule..
What happens in the shoulder period, the unspecified areas in the Tesla app, is interesting. 9-11pm shoulder. The system decides to stop discharging at 10:30pm. It seems like the TBC uses some intelligence by talking to projected price data from the utility. Pricing data comes out a day in advanced, so considering how long it takes for changes on the app to go into effect, Tesla could likewise program shoulder behavior a day in advance.