Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No guarantees, it still has not yet been approved by finance. They are running the numbers.

I expect this would only be for the folks who got caught up in the EoY fiasco.
i.e. ordered before Dec Nth but did not receive the car in 2019 as a result of Tesla's failure to deliver.
(I'm sure the lawyers will word it differently ;-)

Disclaimer: I do not work for Tesla, and I am not a share-holder (I wish! :)

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
As a guess....

I would think that they will do this for people who:

1. Ordered a tesla between October 1st and December 8th
2. Had completed all steps in their tesla accounts
3. Either were not assigned a vin by Dec 31st, or Were unable to pick up the car assigned by Dec 31s, Provided that they made "every effort" to pick up their cars. People that say that they were not available for a week in december might end up not getting any credit, for example.

No inside knowledge, nothing like that, just guessing what tesla might want to do to be fair to those who genuinely were unable to pick up their cars, and not give away money to people who were not in a position to "perform" for one reason or another.

Reactions: dhrivnak
No guarantees, it still has not yet been approved by finance. They are running the numbers.

I expect this would only be for the folks who got caught up in the EoY fiasco.
i.e. ordered before Dec Nth but did not receive the car in 2019 as a result of Tesla's failure to deliver.
(I'm sure the lawyers will word it differently ;-)

Disclaimer: I do not work for Tesla, and I am not a share-holder (I wish! :)

I spoke with a sales associate earlier today and was told the there is no compensation for the loss of the Federal Tax credit~ hope they are wrong and this holds up true~~ crossing fingers.

• Informative
Reactions: matador4
I spoke with a sales associate earlier today and was told the there is no compensation for the loss of the Federal Tax credit~ hope they are wrong and this holds up true~~ crossing fingers.
The salespeople at the show room have little to no knowledge in terms of what’s going inside the company. They spread rumors. Most people on this forum have better common sense and would figure things out.

since there is no guarantee that all those who might *claim* they lost $1875 in tax credits would have actually lost the full $1875 in tax credits (i.e. actually had that amount of tax liability, not impacted by AMT, etc), might be more reasonable for Tesla to, perhaps split the difference or similar. A real $1875 rebate or discount is a lot better than a tax credit.

since there is no guarantee that all those who might *claim* they lost $1875 in tax credits would have actually lost the full $1875 in tax credits (i.e. actually had that amount of tax liability, not impacted by AMT, etc), might be more reasonable for Tesla to, perhaps split the difference or similar. A real $1875 rebate or discount is a lot better than a tax credit.

Prices have already dropped $1000 since the deadline to get one before 2020. (Prices are currently $1k less than when I ordered on 12/22)

Back before the Dec 31, 2018 deadline they guaranteed delivery of orders were made prior to an order cutoff date or they would compensate purchasers for the missed deadline in the amount of the tax credit. It would seem unusual for them not to plan ahead this time around and to decide this retroactively for the Dec 31, 2019 deadline. To my recollection for 2019, they didn’t make any official corporate statement guaranteeing delivery if orders were placed before a specific date.

Any suggestions on whether to wait for them to catch up on sleep, remember my open order, and decide what to do for missed deliveries, or visit the local sales office and point out the 5 matching LR cars in stock in San Rafael, or give them a year to get their act together?

Any suggestions on whether to wait for them to catch up on sleep, remember my open order, and decide what to do for missed deliveries, or visit the local sales office and point out the 5 matching LR cars in stock in San Rafael, or give them a year to get their act together?
I said this before, but I drove to Fremont without a text telling me to come, and I grabbed my car with my VIN. Just go show up somewhere and see if they’ll give you one. You’re not gonna get anything by waiting for them right now unfortunately.