TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by n8leon, Jan 2, 2020.

1. n8leon

n8leon Member

No guarantees, it still has not yet been approved by finance. They are running the numbers.

I expect this would only be for the folks who got caught up in the EoY fiasco.
    i.e. ordered before Dec Nth but did not receive the car in 2019 as a result of Tesla's failure to deliver.
    (I'm sure the lawyers will word it differently ;-)

Disclaimer: I do not work for Tesla, and I am not a share-holder (I wish! :)

• Disagree x 1
  2. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums

As a guess....

I would think that they will do this for people who:

1. Ordered a tesla between October 1st and December 8th
    2. Had completed all steps in their tesla accounts
    3. Either were not assigned a vin by Dec 31st, or Were unable to pick up the car assigned by Dec 31s, Provided that they made "every effort" to pick up their cars. People that say that they were not available for a week in december might end up not getting any credit, for example.

No inside knowledge, nothing like that, just guessing what tesla might want to do to be fair to those who genuinely were unable to pick up their cars, and not give away money to people who were not in a position to "perform" for one reason or another.

• Like x 1
  3. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I’m curious to see what if anything they are willing to do for the people who stayed at Fremont all night and still didn’t take delivery until 1am.

4. ILLest3

ILLest3 Member

I spoke with a sales associate earlier today and was told the there is no compensation for the loss of the Federal Tax credit~ hope they are wrong and this holds up true~~ crossing fingers.

• Informative x 1
  5. Sillyapple

Sillyapple Member

The salespeople at the show room have little to no knowledge in terms of what’s going inside the company. They spread rumors. Most people on this forum have better common sense and would figure things out.

• Like x 3
  6. neurocutie

neurocutie Member

since there is no guarantee that all those who might *claim* they lost $1875 in tax credits would have actually lost the full $1875 in tax credits (i.e. actually had that amount of tax liability, not impacted by AMT, etc), might be more reasonable for Tesla to, perhaps split the difference or similar. A real $1875 rebate or discount is a lot better than a tax credit.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  7. LevelHeaded

LevelHeaded Member

Prices have already dropped $1000 since the deadline to get one before 2020. (Prices are currently $1k less than when I ordered on 12/22)

8. neurocutie

neurocutie Member

Really ? where.... what I see on the Tesla website is exactly the same as last week's prices (at least for LR AWD), which is $500 more than first week in Dec 2019.

9. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

Are you saying Tesla has dropped pricing 1000$ in the past week?

10. LevelHeaded

LevelHeaded Member

Just checked and I must be wrong. I swore I saw pricing at 48490 for LRAWD. However, this could have been on an “inventory” configuration end-of-quarter. Configurator shows my pricing currently!

11. Mr. Burrito

Mr. Burrito Member

Those who ordered in October and didn’t receive a car are the ones who should get an additional discount. If you ordered in November or especially December - not so much.

12. Sillyapple

Sillyapple Member

Those who placed their orders while wearing ugly sweaters should get an additional discount. If you placed the order while wearing a normal attire or no attire - not so much

• Funny x 7
    • Informative x 1
  13. Atreyu

Atreyu Member

How comical would it be if people who couldn’t even get the rebate (see single filers who make $175,000/yr) got the rebate but weren’t even qualified to get it.?

• Disagree x 1
  14. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

I don't think there's a income limit on the federal stuff and Tesla is not comping the cvrp.

• Like x 2
  15. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

There's rumors of some Tesla credit thing being added to the app. Maybe that's how they'll give out the money.

16. 2xM3

2xM3 Member

Back before the Dec 31, 2018 deadline they guaranteed delivery of orders were made prior to an order cutoff date or they would compensate purchasers for the missed deadline in the amount of the tax credit. It would seem unusual for them not to plan ahead this time around and to decide this retroactively for the Dec 31, 2019 deadline. To my recollection for 2019, they didn’t make any official corporate statement guaranteeing delivery if orders were placed before a specific date.

17. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I’d offer $2000 off FSD.

Sorry - I’m a tightwad. :D

• Funny x 1
  18. Transformer

Any suggestions on whether to wait for them to catch up on sleep, remember my open order, and decide what to do for missed deliveries, or visit the local sales office and point out the 5 matching LR cars in stock in San Rafael, or give them a year to get their act together?

19. Techlead13

Techlead13 Member

There are a bunch of SR+ in the Bay now. I ordered a SR (11/16) and there are 11 SR+ that matches it exactly, but still no vin....

This whole process has sucked much more than any ICE dealership so far...

• Like x 1
  20. Atreyu

Atreyu Member

I said this before, but I drove to Fremont without a text telling me to come, and I grabbed my car with my VIN. Just go show up somewhere and see if they’ll give you one. You’re not gonna get anything by waiting for them right now unfortunately.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1