Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those asking I ordered 11/24 and delivery is Burbank. Finally worked it out today and got an updated MVPA multiple times coz they kept making mistakes but, finally getting $1750 off the price of the car with sales tax that’s $1880 or something off. Post delivery check would’ve taken 6 to 8 weeks and no written confirmation. Loan is funded and delivery tomorrow at 5:00pm. Felt like this day would never come. I’m too afraid to be excited yet. Hope the rest of you waiting from last quarter get your cars soon!

For those asking I ordered 11/24 and delivery is Burbank. Finally worked it out today and got an updated MVPA multiple times coz they kept making mistakes but, finally getting $1750 off the price of the car with sales tax that’s $1880 or something off. Post delivery check would’ve taken 6 to 8 weeks and no written confirmation. Loan is funded and delivery tomorrow at 5:00pm. Felt like this day would never come. I’m too afraid to be excited yet. Hope the rest of you waiting from last quarter get your cars soon!

Congrats! And you did the right thing taking the money off the price. I wouldn't trust waiting for a "promised" check that they wouldn't put in writing.

Was hoping to have my rebate from Tesla this week, but still waiting.

My Advisor said yesterday that the rebate is,
"on-track and in process" and "Your name is on our list to help rectify the situation"

Today he back-pedaled slightly with,
"Case is still under review from the team"

but I remain optimistic it will happen for my case.
(ordered SR+ on Nov 24, assured repeatedly it would be delivered by year-end, told to show up at the factory NY eve, car was a no-show)

I'm annoyed. The manager for the San Diego store called me and said Tesla can no longer give me a $1875 check for missing the 12/31 delivery date. Even though they called last week saying they will give me a check after taking delivery, they said since I ordered in December (12/01) they can only offer a year of free supercharging.

I'm annoyed. The manager for the San Diego store called me and said Tesla can no longer give me a $1875 check for missing the 12/31 delivery date. Even though they called last week saying they will give me a check after taking delivery, they said since I ordered in December (12/01) they can only offer a year of free supercharging.

i am also hearing that for me they will only give us the 1yr free, even though it was guarantee by eoy

I find it so strange that it sounded like Tesla decided to play it smart and do the right thing to those that were promised delivery by Dec 31 to just make up the $1,875 difference delivering in 2020.

But nooooooooo, Tesla seems to enjoy making something so simple into a CF. Now they want to change or take away from the amount of the $ at random to those customers that didn’t get their M3’s.

just shaking my head in disbelief

Reactions: matador4
I was told told that they didnt guarantee delivery for any orders in December.. If they are giving you 1 free year of supercharging.. Its better than nothing. They had stopped promising EOY delivery in my area around 2 or 3rd week in November..

1yr free is not bad , but when we placed the order on December 3rd, the site did say order by dec 8th and will get car by 31st.

Not sure how they decided this cutoff date for who gets rebate and who gets something else.

Ordered my SR+ on Dec 2, was given 12/28 delivery date, they postponed to 12/30, then delayed again with no new date (was never assigned VIN). My pick up location is the Costa Mesa store. Tesla rep went radio silent on me, after informing me that I wouldn't get my SR+ before EOY and not returning messages. I understand the supply/demand and willing to wait patiently, but lack of communication is pretty frustrating. I get way more useful info from this forum then those clowns at Tesla. I was upbeat to hear that Tesla was making it right for folks that missed Dec deliveries but sounds like they're playing games and compensating folks that ordered before Dec 1? Anyone that order SR+ in early Dec, took delivery yet?

Ordered my SR+ on Dec 2, was given 12/28 delivery date, they postponed to 12/30, then delayed again with no new date (was never assigned VIN). My pick up location is the Costa Mesa store. Tesla rep went radio silent on me, after informing me that I wouldn't get my SR+ before EOY and not returning messages. I understand the supply/demand and willing to wait patiently, but lack of communication is pretty frustrating. I get way more useful info from this forum then those clowns at Tesla. I was upbeat to hear that Tesla was making it right for folks that missed Dec deliveries but sounds like they're playing games and compensating folks that ordered before Dec 1? Anyone that order SR+ in early Dec, took delivery yet?

My communication experience with Tesla has all been a one way street to get any info. Never have I received a Vin or even given a delivery date. It's always me who has to reach out to them for any kind of information.

I visited the fairly busy Buena Park DC yesterday to inquire, but they had 0 info for my car. No vin.. nothing. They did say it should be sometime this month, but I'm not getting my hopes up since I've heard this so many times from them.

They told me they are still filling orders from late October and November.

My communication experience with Tesla has all been a one way street to get any info. Never have I received a Vin or even given a delivery date. It's always me who has to reach out to them for any kind of information.

I visited the fairly busy Buena Park DC yesterday to inquire, but they had 0 info for my car. No vin.. nothing. They did say it should be sometime this month, but I'm not getting my hopes up since I've heard this so many times from them.

They told me they are still filling orders from late October and November.

at least you getting more info from BP than i do. It's always one way too for me, but i went last Tuesday and they had zero info.

i have never seen them busy, always seen the advisors lounging around in the computers