Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 month/1,000 miles of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 now for just about a month and have put over 1,100 miles on it. People ask me how I like it and my answer is usually: it's a complete game changer - the best product I have ever purchased. I am more impressed with the car every time I drive it. I'm finding myself inventing reasons to go places, just so I can drive it more. The driving dynamics, control systems, and user interface seem so intuitive and well thought out, that it feels like I've been driving this car forever. When I am forced to use our other ICE car now, it seems like an automotive antique in comparison.

The car has worked flawlessly over the last 1,000 miles, especially autopilot. My only problem now is wanting to get another one so my wife and I don't have to argue over who gets to drive the Tesla!

If you are on the fence about ordering, or waiting for the short range (as I had planned to do) my only advice is don't wait, order it now and enjoy it. You won't regret it!

The car has worked flawlessly over the last 1,000 miles, especially autopilot. My only problem now is wanting to get another one so my wife and I don't have to argue over who gets to drive the Tesla!

We are 4 months ahead of you but feel exactly the same.

After we took delivery of our first in April, both my wife and I wanted to only drive our Model 3 and hated having to get behind the wheel of our second car. Our solution was to get a second. Best decision we could have made.

About two months in and 4k miles, still loving the car and everything about the Tesla experience. First EV & Tesla for us, and it has been great. I know people overdo the iPhone comparisons, but it really does feel like first getting the iPhone in June 2007. "Oh, so THIS is what a car can be! Why didn't someone think of this before?" A relatively slow-moving and stubborn industry will go through a seismic shift in the next 5-10 years and we'll look back at the Model 3 as the car that started it all.

From the different-but-intuitive controls to the improvements via OTA updates to autopilot to never having to fill-up at the gas station to that fuzzy feeling of supporting a company with a different mission than all the rest - all of it feels game-changing.

Cars, no matter the price or luxury level, had gotten stale for me and that was illustrated by my wanting to spend as little money as possible on their purchase (switched to buying used when I was a new car guy before), maintenance, etc., and largely viewing them as A to B necessities.

For me the Model 3 rekindled pleasure and excitement in owning and driving a car.