Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 Months of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up our 2023 MXLR 6 months ago and it’s been a pleasure to drive. Other than a couple of door weather stripping being replaced, it’s been flawless. We’ve taken a few road trips and I drive it to work everyday, which is approximately 30 miles a day. Still doesn’t seem possible to have put over 12,500 miles on it in a half a year.
IMG_3382.jpeg

What clued you in that the weatherstripping needed replacement? So far, my near 2-year-old X has no wind or water leaks.
In my case, the driver door weatherstripping was hanging out near the bottom of the door when closed. Upon inspection I noted that it was loose at least 75% along the length of it. I bought some double stick tape at Autozone and fixed it in 5 minutes. That was over a year ago and it’s still holding.

In my case, the driver door weatherstripping was hanging out near the bottom of the door when closed. Upon inspection I noted that it was loose at least 75% along the length of it. I bought some double stick tape at Autozone and fixed it in 5 minutes. That was over a year ago and it’s still holding.
I thought about doing that, Than realized it was covered under warranty and they would come to my place of work to replace them.

We picked up our 2023 MXLR 6 months ago and it’s been a pleasure to drive. Other than a couple of door weather stripping being replaced, it’s been flawless. We’ve taken a few road trips and I drive it to work everyday, which is approximately 30 miles a day. Still doesn’t seem possible to have put over 12,500 miles on it in a half a year. View attachment 997238
How's the cars acceleration 60 and beyond is it still really good even though its the LR?