Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s do last

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has to be something. I mostly drive pretty normally, but have had some spirited fun with my 2018 M3P from time to time. I’ve gotten +/- 50,000 miles out of my first and 2nd set of tires. Having recently crossed over 100,000 miles on the car, I fully expect my 3rd set to achieve similar tread life.

How off is your alignment?
Pretty sure it's the tyre type tbh - Michelin Pilot Sports. It's been like that since new in 2019, the tyre wear is completey even across the tread, car tracks dead straight. I've had alignment done both at Tesla and also Wheels In Motion only about a year ago, so I know it's fine. Fronts are better than the rear, usually get around 22k from them.

Teslas tires lasted about 25k for me. But I didn't go back to tesla to get my tires replaced because I thought surely could get more out tires then that. so I went to local shop near me and had them put on some Toyo tires and they lasted me 55k miles! so I went right back and bought the same tires
(Toyo Tires 255/45R18 103W) but those are much larger then the stock tires because I was going for a specific look. The total cost for the toyo tires balenced and monted was $950!
I don't need to buy OEM tires. I want something that will last longer than 25K miles. Which specific Toyo tire did you get? How's the ride/noise?

Referencing my post above, my original and 50,000 replacement tires were Michelin Pilot Sports (PS4s). Due to them not being available at the time, my service center replaced the 2nd set with much more expensive (about $350 more) Pirelli P Zeros. Time will tell if I get similar results to the first 2 sets of tires (the Michelins), but I’d be surprised if not.