Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.5.1 takes away exceeding 5 mph over on side roads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of 2 lane side roads here and a great thing of FSD 10.4 was I could set speed as high as wanted even if database wrong or speed limit unknown. 10.5 reverts BACK to original operation where can only set speed to +5 over assumed limit. I miss being able to set what I want as some roads are erroneously limited to 25 so limit is 30 again even though they are 55 zones.

Reactions: boonedocks
Not sure if this is considered a side road, but I can still adjust a 25mph (incorrrect map data) up to 35mph. Just making sure, your visualizations are showing the FSD Beta with red road edges, etc?

YES! you are correct. Thank you! FSD BETA checkbox got turned off. I drove in on non-FSD!! It did seem like the display on the X center display was showing less than 10.4 in that had red lines for edge, but now no route planning forward dots or whatever they are called in the forward direction. Also the white lines at the edge of the road by the red are missing on my display.

So if limited in speed, check and be sure still on the Beta!

Last edited:
On “side roads”? It lets me set any speed on major roads but local roads limit to max of 5mph over. This is on refresh MSLR.

I have complete freedom to set speed on any road. Not sure what a "side road" is exactly. But.... unmarked residential roads, 2 lane roads with a double yellow divider, etc. I just spin the right scroll wheel to whatever I want. I have a road that's marked 30mph but everyone does 50. 2 lane road with double yellow. I set it to 50 all the time, no issues.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
I have complete freedom to set speed on any road. Not sure what a "side road" is exactly. But.... unmarked residential roads, 2 lane roads with a double yellow divider, etc. I just spin the right scroll wheel to whatever I want. I have a road that's marked 30mph but everyone does 50. 2 lane road with double yellow. I set it to 50 all the time, no issues.
I feel cheated now 😅